“Simply amazing!”

Absolute Reel Screamer Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: This private 2 hour boat adventure is what Charleston is really all about! I'm a native captain, so we'll glide through the uncrowded backwaters of the most pristine estuaries in the country. We'll learn to harvest oysters, catch shrimp and identify local shore birds. Next, we'll find the Bottlenose Dolphins. Having them swim next to the boat is exciting, but if we find them feeding in the shallows it's spectacular! Our next destination is Morris Island where I'll teach you about its rich Civil War history as well as my own family ties to it. We'll then walk its shores looking for shells and artifacts as the sixth oldest lighthouse in the nation serves as our backdrop! So as you can see we have something for everybody on this trip. The dolphins are always here, the beach is loaded with shells, and if you listen hard enough you just may hear the roar of cannons from the past. So come on and join me! You never know what washed up the night before...
Dahlonega, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Simply amazing!”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Out of our weekend trip to Charleston, this was the absolute highlight! Captain Gresh was such a great host. We couldn't have imagined how wonderful it would be. I would do this again in a second! My husband and I highly recommend Absolute Reel Screamer Charters!

Visited April 2013

Dover, Delaware
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Unique Experience”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Captain Gresh was so accommodating when I called to schedule our trip to Morris Island and even called earlier in the morning to push the time back so we would encounter better weather.
I loved the boat ride and all of the information that he told us. It was really incredible to see dolphins swimming next to the boat!
The island itself was breathtakingly beautiful. We were lucky enough to have the island to ourselves, and really enjoyed the boat that was washed up on the island (it made for amazing photos)
My one complaint is that when booking I was under the impression that the two hour time that I was booking was for two hours on the island, but the two hours included the half hour boat ride to and from the pier, so we only had an hour on the island. Had I known this, we would have eaten before or after, rather than bringing food to enjoy on the island, as we had limited time to go exploring.
I would definitely book again, but I would like a longer amount of time to spend on the island!

Visited March 2013
Albany, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Experience”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Took a trip with Gresh last week and loved it. Saw dolphins and learned so much about Morris Island and the river. Gresh is truly an expert and is passionate about the wildlife and the estuaries. Only disappointment was the lack of sand dollars that day. Would recommend this trip for all ages. Great experience.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic Tour!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Four of us went out w/Capt. Gresh last week. What a great time! He was so knowledgeable and shared a lot of history on the area during the trip. Only complaint was that the trip went by way too fast! Would do again in a heartbeat!

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing time for Family...I HIGHLY RECOMMEND”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Kudos to Capt. Gresh for giving my family a great experience on Morris Island. With three generations from my family in tow, Capt. Gresh met us at the boat ramp and the adventure began. One of our friends along for the ride out to Morris Island brought along a pole and some bait to fish with. Within minutes, Gresh had a net of fresh shrimp to use versus the frozen baggy of shrimp.

Next up, the dolphins. My daughter and wife couldn't quit talking about all the dolphins they saw and raved about watching the dolphins feed.

Finally, arrival at the island. The quick trip resulted in a handful of sea shells, sand dollars, pictures of the light house, and a couple of fishes for my buddy.

Overall, a wonderful trip and memory. We will be back next year to see Gresh again.