“Great Service”
Review of Halls Chophouse

Halls Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Halls Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 949 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: John St.
Description: Halls Chophouse is American-Fine Dining, serving prime steaks, Lowcountry and fresh seafood specialties in an energetic, visually striking environment. Complemented by signature desserts, an extensive wine list, a vibrant bar and innovative, rich decor true to old-world steakhouses, Halls Chophouse is the latest restaurant offering in the heart of Charleston's Upper King Street design and dining district. A traditional American steakhouse with superior service and a knowledgeable staff, Halls Chophouse offers a classic and comfortable dining experience that will entice our guests to visit and enjoy time after time. We offer 2 private dining rooms for groups of up to 32 guests each with audio visual capabilities.
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Everyone here was pleasant and seemed to appreciate your business.It was our anniversary.The owner brought out champagne himself. Food was all very good but I wouldn't recommend the duck!

1  Thank yvonne k
Write a ReviewReviews (4,856)

Reviewed July 29, 2014

A bustling steak house where the owners greet you from the moment you step foot in the door. They take southern hospitality to the next level with high quality service and food. Turns out they get their steaks from Illinois, just like the Chicago steak houses, but the side order of shrimp and grits reminds you that you’re in the south. I was very impressed with the high quality of food and service. Living in Chicago, I have many other steak houses to compare it to and I was very pleased. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

I have dined at several fine dining restaurants however Halls is a cut above the rest. The staff is amazing which only compliments the absolute best food I have had.
We split the sea scallops entree as an appetizer and it is delicious however I must say, the dry aged steak is the reason to come here. If you enjoy steak like myself, you must try one of their dry aged steaks. They had a special the night we went and had dry aged porterhouse cuts. By far the most mouth watering steak I have had in 30+ years.
Can't wait to bring out of town guests to this magnificent restaurant!!!!

Reviewed July 28, 2014

My wife and I dined at Hall's during a recent Charleston vacation for anniversary celebration. Upon entering we were greeted by Billy who quickly welcomed us into the restaurant and quickly whisked us away to the host stand. We were quickly taken upstairs to a large booth which was roomy yet private. The ambiance in the restaurant was great from the lighting, decor, & live jazz band downstairs.

We ordered a bottle of wine to start along with the Tuna tartar appetizer. The pace of the service was relaxed yet prompt which was perfect for the occasion. We were shown a dry & wet aged steaks display and the server was very knowledgeable about the different cuts available.

I ordered the 16oz ribeye and my wife ordered the petite 8oz filet which were cooked to a perfect medium rare & medium respectively. We also ordered a side of mushrooms which was plenty big for sharing. I have dined at many steakhouses and this was right up there from a quality, flavor, cook perspective.

For desert we chose the caramel cake which was smothering a bananas foster topping. Superb ending to this meal. It was an overall great dining experience and I would definitely be back when visiting Charleston again.

Thanks again for a wonderful experience.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

It was our first time at the restaurant, and we were greeted by the owner. We were told by a taxi driver that the owner was at the restaurant every night greeting his guests. What a nice touch! All staff members were friendly and attentive. We did not have to wait long. Food was fabulous. Try their fried green tomatoes for appetizer and caramel banana cream cake for dessert. Meat was excellent as well. We will definitely come back when we are in town.