“WOW one of the best meals of my life”
Review of Halls Chophouse

Halls Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Halls Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 947 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: John St.
Description: Halls Chophouse is American-Fine Dining, serving prime steaks, Lowcountry and fresh seafood specialties in an energetic, visually striking environment. Complemented by signature desserts, an extensive wine list, a vibrant bar and innovative, rich decor true to old-world steakhouses, Halls Chophouse is the latest restaurant offering in the heart of Charleston's Upper King Street design and dining district. A traditional American steakhouse with superior service and a knowledgeable staff, Halls Chophouse offers a classic and comfortable dining experience that will entice our guests to visit and enjoy time after time. We offer 2 private dining rooms for groups of up to 32 guests each with audio visual capabilities.
Reviewed May 29, 2014

The service, food and atmosphere were way way way above what we expected. The owner greated us by name and sent over a couple glasses of really good champagne to congratulate us on our anniversary. I had one of the best dinners of my life with equally good service. We were too full for dessert so they sent a complimentary dessert to go. Go here! you won't regret it.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,850)

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We had friends coming up from HHI to spend the day with us and we had made a reservation here because one of our friends is a little picky but we knew he liked steak. We were greeted at the door in the main restaurant like we were long lost relatives. I've never felt more welcomed in any restaurant. They lined us all up on a staircase and took pictures with our cell phones. Then they took us next door where they had a private dining area. It was our group of 8 and one other good sized party. My wife and I tried the Bison Filet-it was excellent. I had the beet salad-again, something you don't see every day and once again, it was excellent. The sides were served family style, similar to a Ruth's Chris and there was more than we could eat. When the main course came out, everyone's food arrived at the same time. Very impressive. Interestingly, all four couples are either current restaurant owners or past owners and between us we have at least 150 years of experience in restaurant operations. Thanks to the owner and his staff for reminding us all how a restaurant should be operated. We'll be back.

1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed May 29, 2014

The Hall Family epitomizes the concept of "touching the table" coupled with great service. It is clearly one of the best steak meals I have ever had, but the service will always stand out for me as the highlight. If you value great food and great service, this is definitely a restaurant not to miss.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We dined at Hall's for the first time given a gift certificate from our doctor son for our anniversary.
I ordered the smaller prime rib and my wife a two pound Maine lobster. My prime rib had no visible fat in or on it. prepared exactly as requested. My wife devoured the lobster and we took home the claws. Dessert were fine. We had had two drinks each and one wine prior to and with our meals. The service by three attendant servers was very efficient. The Halls came to our table to welcome us and ask if we were satisfied with food and service which we most certainly were pleased. Except for the bill which was unexpectedly substantial we recommend this fine dining establishment to all, locals and tourists, however be prepared to pay top dollar for top value. This restaurant must surely be one to visit on special occasions. .

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Went to Halls for restraint week, it was one of the best steaks that I ever had (melts in you mouth). I was so impressed that we have been back at the normal prices as well. It is a higher cost place to eat, but well worth it. If you plan on trying a reservation during restaurant week, plan months in advance.