“A Charleston Treasure”
Review of Halls Chophouse

Halls Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Halls Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 946 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: John St.
Description: Halls Chophouse is American-Fine Dining, serving prime steaks, Lowcountry and fresh seafood specialties in an energetic, visually striking environment. Complemented by signature desserts, an extensive wine list, a vibrant bar and innovative, rich decor true to old-world steakhouses, Halls Chophouse is the latest restaurant offering in the heart of Charleston's Upper King Street design and dining district. A traditional American steakhouse with superior service and a knowledgeable staff, Halls Chophouse offers a classic and comfortable dining experience that will entice our guests to visit and enjoy time after time. We offer 2 private dining rooms for groups of up to 32 guests each with audio visual capabilities.
Reviewed April 5, 2014

When making our reservation they asked if we were celebrating a special occasion. From the moment we arrived we were treated like we were very special guests. We were greeted by name and good wishes on this special occasion. The Hall brothers both came to our table to welcome us to their restaurant. Our waitress suggested we could split our meal which was a great suggestion since the portions are large. Our buffalo steak was presented beautifully and tasted as good as it looked. The staff was attentive without being overbearing. This was the best meal I've ever had. The experience was only enhanced by the staff and the care with which everything was done. Although expensive we felt it was well worth the experience. As if the evening itself wasn't enough to come away feeling good about money well spent, two days later we received a thank you note and good wishes from our waitress and staff. A classy operation. Can't wait for another special time to return. Halls Chophouse is on the top of my all time favorite restaurant list.

1  Thank Jane B
Write a ReviewReviews (4,806)

Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went here for a Friday night anniversary meal. The food, the service, and the ambience were all top-notch. Owner Billy Hall introduced himself and had shots of a delicious warm, sweet liquor with us to celebrate ! We went back on Sunday to enjoy the Gospel Brunch and were recognized as return visitors. After being home for a few days, we received a thank you note in the mail congratulating us again on our anniversary and thanking us for spending time at Halls during our weekend in Charleston. First class. They really made us feel special and the food was excellent. We will go back any time we are in town.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

I thought this was a lovely restaurant that had very good family style food. Lots more than I can eat I got stuffed! I had the steak and was not disappointed. Only con was it was a little crowded the night I went, so I recommend reservations.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

I've eaten a lot of beef in my life, but nothing quite like this. I had the dry-aged rib-eye. It was perfect.

The staff is very pleasant and attentive. Probably one server for 2-3 tables.

The place is very cool. Noisy and vibrant.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

On our last night in Charleston the hotel clerk suggested Halls Chophouse for dinner. We weren't prepared for such an elegant (and yes, expensive) dinner but it was a wonderful way to finish up our trip to Charleston. We had the special the night we were there which was Halibut wrapped in rice paper, served over lobster rice with a green curry sauce and all we could say is WOW!!! It was one of those rare meals that leaves you feeling like you just experienced something truly special. What impressed me what the professionalism of every member of the staff. We were greeted, seated, served and thanked several times on our way out by cheerful, friendly attentive staff.

1  Thank DianaI01