“The owners friendship with customers make this place”
Review of Halls Chophouse

Halls Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Halls Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 936 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: John St.
Description: Halls Chophouse is American-Fine Dining, serving prime steaks, Lowcountry and fresh seafood specialties in an energetic, visually striking environment. Complemented by signature desserts, an extensive wine list, a vibrant bar and innovative, rich decor true to old-world steakhouses, Halls Chophouse is the latest restaurant offering in the heart of Charleston's Upper King Street design and dining district. A traditional American steakhouse with superior service and a knowledgeable staff, Halls Chophouse offers a classic and comfortable dining experience that will entice our guests to visit and enjoy time after time. We offer 2 private dining rooms for groups of up to 32 guests each with audio visual capabilities.
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I ate here last night by myself while on a business trip and then the bone in ribeye. Bill and his wife, the owners came up and talked to me and we had such a lovely conversation. This is the kind of place where whether you're a local Charlestonian or visiting town you feel like your home. The ribeye was absolutely incredible. I had so much leftovers that the chef was kind enough to cut up and bought two separate meals for my lunch. You will love it here!

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Well let me say I was in Charleston for training September 10 -13. I stayed nearby at the Embassy suites. I was alone and did not know the area so I asked the Desk clerk for a good Steak restaurant and she recommended Halls. I also was wearing a decent T-Shirt and a pair of cargo shorts and asked the clerk if that was ok at the recommended restaurant. Again without hesitation she replied yes.She also related that it was restaurant week in Charleston and I would love it.
The restaurant was a short walk away and as I arrived I was greeted and by a very Polite and pleaseant Hostess and atmosphere. The place is classy but not so much so I felt uncomfortable being dressed down somewhat. After seated I was was greeted by a pleasant down to earth server whom took great care of me I cannot remember the name but he was great. I also was great and checked on by both the Halls I believed Father as well as Son. That further made me feel more comfortable.
The meal was a filet migon cooked to perfection. I have eaten and some of the nicest Restaurants in the Country and thus far that steak top my list. In short if you are worried that the eating in a historic downtown Steak house would be a stuff shirt ,snobbish experience I would venture to say at Halls it isn’t at all. I loved the place and would recommend it highly Halls.

1  Thank Oceandogg
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Billy Hall met us at the door and welcomed us as though he was expecting us. Angela from Romania knew her wines and the menu like nobody's business; her service as a waiter was equally impressive. The food was off the charts; perhaps our best steak ever, our best meal ever? Words cannot express our satisfaction of our Sunday night date while visiting from Wisconsin Mr Hall thanked us on the way out and when our cab was taking 'too long' ( a couple of minutes ) he offered to take us to our hotel. Southern Hospitality taken to a new level. Well done Billy. Come see the Badgers play soon.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

A little loud but not over bearing. Waitstaff are very knowledgeable and friendly. Owners are on the front line greeting customers and asking you to come back when leaving. We had the petite 8oz filet mignon for $34, which cut like butter. Any sides are extra. This is the least expensive steak on the menu. Most cuts were in the plus fifty dollar range. Over all, a great experience.

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

As we entered we were personally greeted by one of the owners and a hostess, shown a nice table on the main floor and began to enjoy ourselves immensely.
Live music (piano and a blues/gospel singer) made the perfect accompaniment to a superb meal. I had Oysters Rockefeller and shrimp grits. My friend enjoyed her house-smoked salmon Benedict. Both meals were beautifully presented and perfectly prepared.
Although not inexpensive, it was an excellent value.
One of my best dining experiences in more than a decade. They really know what they are doing and it shows.