“Best Steak in Charleston”
Review of Halls Chophouse

Halls Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Halls Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 938 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: John St.
Description: Halls Chophouse is American-Fine Dining, serving prime steaks, Lowcountry and fresh seafood specialties in an energetic, visually striking environment. Complemented by signature desserts, an extensive wine list, a vibrant bar and innovative, rich decor true to old-world steakhouses, Halls Chophouse is the latest restaurant offering in the heart of Charleston's Upper King Street design and dining district. A traditional American steakhouse with superior service and a knowledgeable staff, Halls Chophouse offers a classic and comfortable dining experience that will entice our guests to visit and enjoy time after time. We offer 2 private dining rooms for groups of up to 32 guests each with audio visual capabilities.
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Went here for a romantic dinner with my wife and it was the best, from the time we got welcome to the time we left. The atmosphere is great but the food was the best. My steak was done perfectly and the sides were excellent. The wait staff was on time and attentive to our needs. We will return here on our next trip to Charleston.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

As a person whom has spent over 35 years in the Restaurant Industry. This is the best run business I have ever seen . As everyone stated the Owner meets you at the door and thanks you for your patronage. Every aspect is flawless and orchestrated to perfection. Our server Mary Ashleigh service was impeccable without being pretentious and the food was perfect. My wife had the grouper special and I had the filet and both were as good as it gets. Mary Ashleigh recommended the dessert which topped off one of our best dining experiences ever, will definitely return.

2  Thank DOYSTERBAR
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I was in a bad mood when we arrived -- having been rained on on the way to the restaurant. However, once inside, the mood changed quickly. Best She-crab soup I've had in a long time. The steak (bone-in rib eye) was on a par with the best I've had, the sauteed mushrooms were traditional buttons, and a huge serving, not "fancified" like some places are doing now. It was a traditional "steak and 'shrooms" dinner,just the way I like it. My wife reported that the petite filet was delicious as well. Sides were terrific, my wife had the twice baked sweet potato and loved it, and that night they had a special appetizer that I asked for as a side --- gnocchi with duck confit and a cherry glaze --- I commented that it was the best side dish I've ever had, and I'm 60+. My wife kept stealing bites of the gnocchi. There was none left over. All of the food was up to and beyond expectation.
The service was equally excellent --- we got a nice table upstairs and were doted on by as attentive and polite a staff as there could be. The owners' son Billy greets everyone as they come in -- a very friendly fellow, and mom Jeanne came by and chatted a bit. It's obvious that the Halls, who have been in the hospitality business a long time, know what it takes to make customers feel wanted and at home. The have built a local brand here that deserves the number one ranking in Charleston. I do not think that we shall ever go to Charleston and NOT eat here -- the overall experience was a 10. And at the end of the evening, I suggest taking a pedi-cab back to your hotel -- a nice end to a great evening.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Went to Charleston last summer and ate ate Hall's. Was without a doubt the best steakhouse I have ever been at. Only Sparks in NYC could compare in my opinion. Best service that no restaurant could compare to anywhere and without a doubt hospitality above and beyond. The owners even offered to walk us to our ride. AAAAA************ for everything. Already have our reservation for June 2014. Don,t miss out if in Charleston...Gary & Lisa Postolese Buffalo, NY

1  Thank Postman2466
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Hall's Chophouse is one of the best restaurants I've ever visited. I've traveled across the country, and Hall's Chophouse is one of the best restaurants I've ever been to. The food is 5 star, and the atmosphere is better. I visited there several times during my stay, which included afternoon drinks, dinner, and late night. Each time I visited the atmosphere and food was unique in its own way. I would definitely recommed visiting Hall's for any occasion while you are in Charleston. You won't be dissapointed.