“Worth the three month wait”
Review of Halls Chophouse

Halls Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Halls Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 933 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: John St.
Description: Halls Chophouse is American-Fine Dining, serving prime steaks, Lowcountry and fresh seafood specialties in an energetic, visually striking environment. Complemented by signature desserts, an extensive wine list, a vibrant bar and innovative, rich decor true to old-world steakhouses, Halls Chophouse is the latest restaurant offering in the heart of Charleston's Upper King Street design and dining district. A traditional American steakhouse with superior service and a knowledgeable staff, Halls Chophouse offers a classic and comfortable dining experience that will entice our guests to visit and enjoy time after time. We offer 2 private dining rooms for groups of up to 32 guests each with audio visual capabilities.
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I started planning our weekend getaway to Charleston in January/February and was able to land a reservation time at 5:30pm. Even though I had wanted a little later time, it ended up working out great for us. As soon as my fiance and I arrived we were greeted by four hostesses and both of the Hall brothers. It was a little overwhelming but immediately we felt like they were expecting us after being away for awhile. The hospitality was incredible. We both ordered water and noticed throughout our dinner that with all the dedicated water-servers, our drinks never got below an inch from the top of our glass. As a foodie myself I often take exceptional delight when things taste great but my fiance is less inclined to be as exuberant over a meal. When he tried his steak it was the first time I had seen him get wide-eyed over delicious flavor. I don't eat beef but tried his steak anyway and even I thought it was great. I had the salmon which was perfectly cooked and paired with a glass of wine that was delightful. I wasn't sure which wine to order so I asked my server who offered one that was perfect. Another bonus was he didn't try to up-sell me the most expensive glass. All in all our meal was definitely worth the three month wait, and I can't wait to come again. We will be talking about our meal for months to come.

There are newer reviews for Halls Chophouse

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Overall my family and I loved the food. We went for Easter Brunch and the atmosphere and food were amazing. The staff while super friendly tried a little too hard. My daughter ordered Prime Rib and was told she could have it and 15 minutes later one of the Managers came by to apologize that it was not ready. later during the meal the staff was clearing the table between courses and spilled an entire glass of water in my Daughters lap. Everyone was super sorry and gave her desert but by then she had enough and was ready to leave. To top it all off the family behind us had two small kids that the parents had no desire to control as they were too loud and they let one of them color all over the table cloth. Overall we would love to go back one day and experience a nighttime service. I would recommend the food to anyone.

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Our first dinner in Charleston. It was a great introduction to the hospitality and culinary delights of Charleston. a nice warm greeting upon our arrival at 7 pm on a Thursday. Live music was playing and the bar had a very lively crowd gathered dressed elegantly for the evening. Guys don't need a jacket, but you will want one. Southern ladies know how to dress and tonight was no exception. We enjoyed the fried green tomatoes appetizer. My wife had the bone in filet which was velvety and luscious. I enjoyed a unique item- dry aged lamb chops- just unveiled that night. They were incredible! Even if you don't like lamb but enjoy flavorful marbled meat, these were dynamite. Potato gratin side was a standout. Took home bread pudding dessert and had it for breakfast the next day- it was as good or better than ones I've had in New Orleans. Service was very strong throughout. One deduction for using an unclean tablecloth with food stains from prior use on top and side.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

This was our first visit to Charleston and we were so happy to savor the best dining experience in this beautiful city for our last night! I know we did not touch the surface of the many great places Charleston has, but when we return, this will be the one that will be a must to revisit!
Just for reference, we dined at Hanks, Cru Café, SNOB, 82 Queen, Pages, Coast, Social and CFB for drinks and snacks.

The service from the time you walk in until the time you leave is off the charts personable and exceptional! Our party of four sat upstairs in a comfortable booth in an intimate atmosphere with the piano playing lovely music from below. We had the Hall's Chop salad, lobster mac and cheese, spinach, sautéed mushrooms, Kansas City dry aged strip, bone in rib-eye, and the rare find of bone in petite fillets topped with truffle butter, and deserts of whiskey bread pudding, and personal cherry pie with homemade ice cream. This was all accompanied with suggested bottle of wine, champagne, and dessert drinks.

It was pricey and worth every penny! Absolutely a memorable dining experience that was excellent in every way! This should be on your bucket list in Charleston for sure!!!!!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

nice steak house very freindly staff
owners family on hand to greet and meet as you enter. then make sure all is as it should be. this is a serious steak house and not cheap, but worth every cent.
a little loud downstairs. secound floor better but a long flight of stairs up . if steak is your thing dont miss