“The hospitality alone would bring you back...”
Review of Halls Chophouse

Halls Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Halls Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 968 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: John St.
Description: Halls Chophouse is American-Fine Dining, serving prime steaks, Lowcountry and fresh seafood specialties in an energetic, visually striking environment. Complemented by signature desserts, an extensive wine list, a vibrant bar and innovative, rich decor true to old-world steakhouses, Halls Chophouse is the latest restaurant offering in the heart of Charleston's Upper King Street design and dining district. A traditional American steakhouse with superior service and a knowledgeable staff, Halls Chophouse offers a classic and comfortable dining experience that will entice our guests to visit and enjoy time after time. We offer 2 private dining rooms for groups of up to 32 guests each with audio visual capabilities.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We arrived without reservations and were invited to have seats at the bar until a table became available. While at the bar, our host kept checking on us and letting us know we certainly weren't forgotten about. The menu offered many great choices and each one we picked was a winner. This family owned and operated restaurant epitomizes southern hospitality and what other restaurants should seek to achieve. We felt like regulars from the moment we walked in, to the sincere goodnight as we walked away. P.S. We went back the next night again!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,949)

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Not realizing it was Restaurant Week, my wife and I showed up at Hall's with no reservations. Despite our own lack of planning (vacation mode), we were greeted by Tommy Hall like old friends. Without even a second thought, he told us he would fit us in and within moments we were seated in an exceptionally cozy upper room. From start to finish the service was top-notch and it was a pleasure to watch the pride and solidarity between employees as they all worked together to deliver a world class experience. Every bite was perfect and we were especially fond of the Pepperjack Creamed Corn. We look forwards to returning again soon.

My wife and I were on a weekend getaway to Charleston and had not realized it was Restaurant Week and that getting a table at any top restaurant would be unlikely. Due to multiple glowing recommendations we decided to take a chance and showed we presented ourselves at Hall's on the Sunday night of Restaurant week with no reservations.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

There is not one thing that could have been done different. The service was simply amazing, the atmosphere was delightful and the food was mouth watering. I liked that it wasn't a buffet and we all totally enjoyed the singer and her playing. I arrived before my friends and everyone there made me feel totally comfortable while I awaited the rest of my party. This is customer service at its very best.

1  Thank redhare54
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I was there for a business meeting, so the party was quite large. Other than a few minor issues with getting everyone's soups and salads correct, it was absolutely excellent. The fillet mignon was fantastic, and the lobster macaroni and cheese was great as well. This place is worthy of its rating on Tripadvisor, which many times the ratings here are way off. This one is the real deal.

2  Thank PSUDuke
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We went here for the first time for Sunday Brunch last week. As soon as we walked in the door were were greeted like old friends. They took our coats and whisked us upstairs to a table. As soon as we sat down the water was poured and the waitress showed up to take drink orders. I had the "famous" Bloody Mary and my wife had a Mimosa. Both were great.

There was also a lady playing the piano and singing downstairs which was a very nice touch. It was not loud enough to interfere with conversation and it was very nice to listen to

The waitress came with the menu and gave also suggestions for daily specials. Since it was my birthday I splurged and had the Lobster Benedict-it was great. My wife had the Chophouse Omelette and my son had the filet. Both of these meals were reported to be excellent-they certainly disappeared fast enough. My son is picky about his steak and announced that it was cooked perfectly to his request.

The waitress and the manager checked with us regularly to make sure that we had everything we wanted.

After lunch they brought out a slice of the 12 layer Caramel Cake with a candle in it for my birthday-it was sinfully delicious.

After lunch when we went to get our coats we were walked to the door and profusely thanked for coming. We shall return!

3  Thank SouthCarolinaPaul