“Looks are deceiving.”

Alluette's
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Meeting St.
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My partner and I were spent the day in Charleston and we went to this little cafe. It looked a bit dodgy from the out side but I can a sure you that the in side is lovely and bright. My wife ordered the veg flat from the special board and I ordered the egg salad sandwich on wheat. My wife's flat wasn't a flat it was a white bread sandwich and my wheat bread was also white bread but as it took such a long time for it to come we just eat what we had..... It was nice but not what we had ordered. If you do go here try the sweet tea it's amazing!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

these are the sweetest people. We walked in just as the were getting ready to close early to get ready for a taping tomorrow as one of the three best restaurants in Charleston, but they stayed open for us and cooked up fabulous shrimp preceded by a beautiful salad. We have rearranged out trip to get lunch before we leave town-if we were locals, this would be a weekly stop!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We visited Charleston and wanted some real Gullah food. This is the place.

Organic grass fed beef, great organic vegetables, outstanding flavors.

Had a smoked salmon stew that was so tasty that a cup was not enough. Wife had a cup of lima been soup that was excellent.

Next we tried their Angus beef burger with Swiss cheese on a whole wheat bun with avocado organic tomato, pickle, lettuce and great seasoning.

Was one of the best I have eaten. The well done beef combined with all the ingredients to give an exquisite flavor. Also had their house ice tea that was very good.

The Server was so gracious and helpful that being waited on by him was a delight in itself.

This restaurant was the delight of my trip to Charleston.

Check out their website.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

You're going to need to look Aluette's up on a map if you want to find it, b/c it's not going to draw you in with it's curb appeal. Sandwiched between a vacant lot and a liquor store off of Reid Street, Aluette's is the perfect example of a diamond in the rough. The food was delicious -- all organic and locally grown by a farmer the staff refers to by his first name as if he were family. The fried flounder special was fantastic, and Miss Aluette's homemade slaw is delicious. The staff was about as nice as could be -- our glasses were never empty but our conversation was never interrupted. You won't regret this trip off the beaten path of King or Meeting. Enjoy!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I had heard about this restaurant a few times (Charleston Magazine and Oprah) and finally stopped in. I'm a big fan of the Alice Waters slow food movement and was thoroughly impressed. I had a garden salad and bowl of lima bean soup.. delicious. Ms Alluette and her daughter Savannah were very sweet, and they were good company during my late late lunch/early dinner at 4pm in the afternoon. If you're looking for healthy, real food and some local flavor, I'd strongly suggest checking them out.

cost: Soup, salad and water cost me $19 (a little steep but worth the price for REAL ingredients)