“PITCHERS”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed February 12, 2013

$14 dollar margarita pitchers are always good. The food is average and the portion sizes are very poor. This is honestly more of a bar scene with live bands at night sometimes and a patio.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Having been to the Charleston location several years ago with a great experience I was excited to return the other day. What a difference. I went for lunch. My first stop was the mens bathroom. It was disgusting. Smelled like vomit and obviously not cleaned for some time. I sat down near the bar and ordered a shrimp burrito. As I was waiting for my food I unwrapped my silverware and saw dried food stuck on both the knife and fork. With a suspicious mind I started to look closer. The floor was filthy, clumps of crap in every nook. No effort to sweep. The hot sauce bottles were all filmy and greasy from countless fingers. My burrito was luke warm and very sloppily made. It completely fell apart when I unwrapped it. No inspiration or skill involved in the food. I ate it because I am a cheapskate and it cost 10$!! Although, I had a reservation about the potential for getting food sick due to the filth of the place.... Beware...

1  Thank kenneth r
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I go to Juanita Greenberg's EVERY time I go to Charleston. The food and drinks are all soooo AMAZING!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Believe it or not, the Charleston area has a couple of pretty decent Mexican restaurants. This isn't one of them. That said, this is gringo-fied Mexican food that is a bit better than your standard "lunch combo #5" generic menu. The best part of it is that they give you pretty much complete control over what you're going to get. If you want a more authentic Mexican food experience, you won't find it downtown. Go to Santi's or La Nortena. Even Taco Boy on Huger St. does gringo Mex better than Juanita. That said, I eat at Juanita's a couple of times a year. I'm not trying to trash the place. When I eat there it is because I'm hungry and it's convenient. When I want to make the effort to have good Mexican food, I go elsewhere.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Great back patio! The nacho royale is awesome! Huge portions! Very reasonable prices. Delish margaritas!!! We fell in love with the name... not many Jewish Mexican places!!! Casual laid back feel near the college.