“I should have known better....”

Saffire Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Saffire Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #275 of 967 Restaurants in Charleston
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The bold flavors of our historic Charleston restaurant's seasonally inspired menu reflect a belief in "the cuisine of today": healthy, eclectic, unrestricted by ethnic boundaries & always evolving. Each meal is complimented by superb selections of wine.
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I visited the restaurant today. My first visit since January when they served me food that I did not order (Crab Ravioli instead of Chicken) and was allergic too. This place is slowly going down hill. It used to be great food and very busy with helpful staff. Now it is a ghost town of a restaurant (my visit today including myself... 10 diners). Service was horrifically slow, food was cold and wrong when it got to the table. Head Chef... yeah ok.. have an issue don't speak with him because he'll say "Maybe this is not the restaurant for you"

Visit this place if you have about 3 hours for your lunch because that is how long it will take in order to get your order correct.

1  Thank mcat1754

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Me and my sister were staying on marriot, we went to the restaurant for lunch, after ordering the food, there was no waitress around at all, even when we received our food, no one checked in us or if we need something. I ordered the classic burger and wad very testy, but the restaurant was so smelly, even the drinking glasses had a bad smell.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

After a morning tour of the nearby Citadel, we returned to the Charleston Marriott for lunch and to rest before heading back to the Parade. We were seated immediately and thought the atmosphere in the restaurant was very nice. The service was excellent and our waitstaff was very friendly. The prices and the food were both fine.

1  Thank sandkmom2
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We ate dinner with our small grandchildren at this restaurant. The waiter went out of his way to make the children comfortable as the food was really taking a long time to come out. We ate Caesar salads and shared the seafood plate which was plenty of food for us. It was prepared well and tasty but not something you would seek out if you weren't staying in the hotel.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great breakfast but pricey. Buffet was great and they had some good beers on tap. Did not eat dinner there but looks good.

1  Thank Spinenurse