All reviews king street historic district full size refrigerator valet parking meeting street social hour visitor center complimentary breakfast restaurants and bars clean hotel within walking distance spacious rooms evening reception valet service home away from home happy hour the breakfast area
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great location, wonderful experience staying here! Room was well laid out, full kitchen amenities, friendly staff encountered in all areas of the hotel. Close to number of great restaurants, and access to museums in the Historic Downtown.

Date of stay: September 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
MakishaHW, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charleston Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I wanted to say thanks for your recent stay here at our hotel! I hope you felt at home. We can’t wait to welcome you home again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel its self was fine. We have never gone wrong with Homewood Suites. Being our first time to Charleston was not familiar with location. The well known King Street was really literally right up the street. We were glad a Police car was parked there a few times when walking to and from King Street. That particular end of King Street was iffy. Price was expensive and would of rather been at a better part of town. We travel alot and familiar to what comes with city life. Also really did not like being hitted up in the morning at breakfast for Hilton Honor points system. Also had to pay to park, too much!! Though the gentlemen at valet were nice.

Date of stay: September 2019
Chantel-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charleston Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear herewegoagain73,

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed September 4, 2019 via mobile

I was actually underwhelmed by this hotel. The main issue I had was the service at the front desk ... they just were not that professional and courteous. I tried to check-in early and they told me my room was not available. I waited for an hour in the lobby and they said they would tell me when my room was ready. Only after I saw other guests being checked in and issued rooms did I ask about my room... it was still not ready but they had “other types” of rooms ready. I told them I don’t care what type of room I got, and why did no one ask me that when I first checked in? That seems like a standard question to ask if someone wants to check in early and you don’t have their room type but have another (i.e. queens vs king) then it should be offered. The manager was not apologetic, just acted like it wasn’t a big deal that I wasted an hour sitting in the lobby when there were rooms available.

Hotel was undergoing construction right outside my window. Manager didn’t acknowledge it, give me a heads up, or anything. They were drilling into the brick out right outside my window for several hours.

Trip type: Traveled solo
MakishaHW, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Charleston Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry you were unhappy. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed September 4, 2019

Excellent location with excellent customer service. The staff was friendly, responsive and very helpful! The parking valet staff were one step ahead of us with the luggage cart ready to unload our things.

Reviewed September 4, 2019

We spent one night here before heading out on a cruise from the port the next day. The rooms were very nice, the breakfast better than the usual and the staff very friendly. Within walking distance to a lot of things. Would definitely recommend