“Fabulous food in a wonderful old Charleston setting.”
Review of Trattoria Lucca

Trattoria Lucca
Ranked #61 of 947 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Loved the menu choices and the blending of Italian and Southern cuisine. Excellent service. Loved the three different choices of appetizer types. Wonderful variety of main courses.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

The food is unquestionably exceptional! Chef and supporting crew, who we were lucky enough to meet, were friendly, helpful and on their game. This hole in the wall is arguably the best US Italian style restaurant I've visited to date. Creative blends of seafood and Tuscan style make this a must stop on your Charleston list. No arguing the noise level; it's too loud but, I'd walk through a dozen heavy metal and rap concerts to have one of the entrees on lucca's menu.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

This ws my third try and I give up.no good food is worth losing your hearing over. You can't even hear the person sitting next to you.

1  Thank kepiblue
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was exactly what we were looking for on the peninsula! However, the price is a little more upscale so we will only be able to come back for special occasions. We had reservations and were seated immediately when we walked through the door. We started with several appetizers for the table. The cauliflower and pesto cheese were AMAZING! The Chianti was my wine of choice and it was deliciously smooth and flavorful. For my entree, I ordered the gnudi, a ricotta dumpling, that was a perfect pillow of goodness! There were three mortadella meatballs on top that were delicious as well! I would definitely order this again and again! Dessert was a difficult choice but we decided on the tiramisu cheescake...omg...it was delish!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

My longtime friend with impeccable taste in food suggested this restaurant. It was one of the finest meals I've eaten in recent years. My husband had beef cheeks ravioli with sirloin strips, my friend and I had flounder with calamari cooked in a light buttery cream sauce. Every bite was delicious, and the red wine pairing superb. It is a small and somewhat noisy place when full. The owner told us that he is opening a second restaurant on the Isle of Palms this summer. I hope to try that venue as well, as island restaurants often have a different vibe. I highly recommend this trattoria.