“Great food, bring your ear plugs” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #48 of 895 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Great food, bring your ear plugs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

I'm a local. I've eaten at a lot of places around town. Trattoria Lucca is as good as you're going to get for Italian food in Charleston. The prices are reasonable for what you're getting. I tend to think most restaurants in downtown are overpriced, but then they charge whatever the tourists are willing to pay. Locals come here to eat fine Italian food. The pastas are great. The only complaint is that it can get so freakin' loud in there! This is NOT the place to go for a romantic evening out. Even sitting at a table for two it can be tough to hear your dinner companion. Go there for the culinary experience. It is worth it. But just realize it comes at a cost - noise.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Charleston, South Carolina
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

I dined here for the fourth time last night and it has definitely become one of my favorite, if not my favorite, restaurants in Charleston. We began with the black bass crudo, which was absolutely amazing. Moving on, we asked our server to choose two cheeses and two meats to accompany the cauliflower starter. Wonderful! She was also fantastic at recommending wine. Our main entrees were the pork chop, which I've now had twice and loved both times, and a pesto shrimp pasta. The atmosphere is cozy and romantic, the servers knowledgeable and friendly, and the food out of this world.

• Visited July 2012
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Our favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

Chef Ken is amazing !! It isn't walking distance from the market area but worth the 5 minute taxi !!!!

Visited May 2012
Charleston, South Carolina
“A true taste of Italy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

Ate here yesterday (Monday night family style). Is it noisy?- yes; Is it perfect?- no; Is it the most authentic Italian food in Charleston? - absolutely!
We were so impressed with last night's dinner that we will return to try the broader menu. If it is as good as the "family style" offering last night, then we will be very satisfied!

Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Mixed Emotions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

We took local friends for their first visit to Lucca. We knew they would truly have a fine dining
experience. No amount of reviews could have prepared us for the decibel level that was reached
during our meal. Yes, the food here is exceptional but will we return if we want to converse at all? Probably not. Of course, I suppose that we could simply text each other.
What a shame! There must be a solution since so many "trip advisors" seem to have the same
issue.
Okay. While I am on the soapbox let add a pet peeve. Please dear servers, do not begin by saying, " This is my favorite dish. I really like the whatever.". Soooo irrelevant. Our taste and likes
are most likely not yours.
I do appreciate the fact that you do not remove the dinner plate while others at our table are still enjoying their meal.
Try a weeknight when the spund level is not deafening.

• Visited June 2012