“LOVE THIS CAFE!”

Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed January 18, 2011

I was so happy to walk by here and eat twice during my 3 day trip for the marahon. Its food was delicious -- healthy, well-priced, a la carte, and fresh. I am a vegetarian (vegan) and it's hard to get food that's good for you, especially in the Deep South where every thing was guaranteed to send you to the ER. You can get salads and add your own toppings - try the cabarnet vinaigrette. Also dishes like cous cous, tofu, lentils salads, of course great vegetables, and lots of other vegetarian food. And breads. And nice drinks. And the best part, vegan chocolate bars. In a cute food market with tables and friendly staff. And you can take out.What's not to like?

Reviewed August 10, 2010

We were looking for something to take back to our hotel. And we did! We got some pimento cheese spread and crackers. We went back to our hotel, ordered a cosmo from the bartender and enjoyed our "dinner" on the patio. It was a perfect evening meal for my daughter and myself!

Reviewed April 28, 2010

We have a "List" of restaurants where we have never had a bad experience.... ever. This place is definitely on that list (and not too many others are). Food is delicious! It's basically self serve, so there's not much they can mess up in that respect. But the food alone is adequate for our "two enthusiastic thumbs up". Try the lobster salad. Just writing this review makes me want to go get one. Everything there is so delicious and dirt cheap. Love it!

Reviewed March 7, 2010

We happened on Caviar and Bananas while touring Charleston. It was just the place for a unique and healthy lunch. They have a creative deli case with all kinds of meat and vegetarian salads which you can mix and match into a lunch priced by the pound. I chose a quinioa salad, beet salad and curry chicken salad. They also have a great lettuce salad section where you can customize your salad. Their sandwich section is full of equally unusual fixings too.
The nice thing about this place is it also is a small market/grocery store with small or single serving packages of chips, cookies, and other additions for your lunch.
The bakery and coffee bar are great to finish off lunch or for an afternoon snack.

Reviewed July 1, 2009

This is a gourmet grocery with prepared foods and mini gourmet aisles. And it also has a gourmet salad menu and a gourmet sandwich menu. My coworker and I decided to try the duck sandwich once and for all... we're intrigued that duck is in practically every menu in the charleston area. OMG - it was the one of the bestest sandwiches that I've ever had. I wanna go back to try the lobster salad... hmmm... sounds yummy.

And fyi - free parking for half hour in the garage next door when you get ur ticket validated at the gourmet shop.

1  Thank zliz24