“Brunch”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
“Brunch”
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

I had one of the best breakfast/brunch meals I've ever had this morning at Caviar and Bananas. The buttermilk chicken biscuit is devine. The biscuit melts in your mouth, the fried chicken is crunchy and the Tasso gravy is rich and addictive. I had the jalapeño grits (suggested by the guy who took our order). The grits were thick and creamy, and just the right amount of heat. I will definitely be back here next time I'm in Charleston!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank roachm2

Englewood, Colorado
“Charleston Standout”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I wouldn't mention this if it wasn't truly worthy of the praise.. IT IS! Always hot in Charleston during summer and we're always burning sorely needed calories and this is the place to replenish. I've not experienced a better tasting sandwich, picked the ingredients myself! There may be a fresher coffee bean or healthier deli selection somewhere, but not in the generally deep-fried, mayonnaisse-garnished southeast culture. Be fulfilled any time of morning or day, and it's an easy walk or rickshaw ride from King Street or the market. Favorite Lunch spot, period!

1 Thank JMeierPhoto
Raleigh, NC
“Great spot for a quick lunch.”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We had two kids in tow on a hot Charleston day. We were looking for some good eats without the fuss or wait. This place came highly recommended on Tripadvisor so we checked it out. So glad we did! It is a gourmet grocery / cafe. Really urban and fun. They have all kinds of sandwiches, salads, sushi, breakfast and brunch items. My husband had a sushi roll and I had a salad. Both were very tasty. The prices were quite reasonable for the quality and quantity. The roll and salad were quite large and satisfying. The location is great. Very close to King Street. We'll definitely return next time we are in Charleston.

2 Thank AKMonty
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“High End Sandwiches at Great Prices”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The sandwiches at this local hot spot taste great. You can select any of the great options on the menu or build your own. They offered salads too, but we didn't try any. I can best describe Caviar and Bananas as a high end Panera. If you want a good lunch in this town without hurting your wallet, swing by this place.

3 Thank coldcalifornian
Ottawa, Canada
“Loved the sandwiches here!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I highly recommend the sandwiches at this location. The sandwiches are gourmet, but the prices are very reasonable. There is a very wide selection of items to choose from (e.g., many different types of dessert, sandwiches, salad, and drinks). Very friendly service.

• Visited April 2013