“Sugar & Caffeine”

Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Would that every neighborhood had a Caviar & Bananas, well, maybe not, I'd be soooo overweight. I have to admit that all I had from this deli/cafe was pastries and lattes, even though they have quite a daily selection of entrees and sides to dine in on or to take away. Their chocolate chip cookies (and I'm a specialist in chocolate chip cookies) are some of the best. Big, fat, crispy on the edges, soft in the middle with large chunks of chocolate. The caramel roll one Sunday must have weighed several pounds and tasted of butter and caramelized sugar, not a disappointing bite in it. And one of their blueberry muffins can feed a small family, its dense richness sparked by the tart blueberries. Had we stayed a few more days, I could have tried the rest of their daily offerings, but I might not have been able to fit into my jeans any more.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had a very large order delivered to our hotel room. They brought it right to the door of our room. It was pouring rain out and they showed up very quickly with our extremely delicious food and without any problems! We loved Caviar and Bananas!! Absolutely delicious Kale Salad!!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We happend by on a walk through College of Charleston campus and were looking for a place to grab a snack. This place has a great deli section with premade sandwiches and nice pasta salads, chicken salads, green salads, veggies, muffins, candies and breads. We took home some fancy ice cream sandwiches (shortbread, vanilla ice cream and smoked almonds - yum!) and some homemade granola bars. And, of course, we had to have some chocolate truffles and cookies too. They also offer interesting bottles of soda, juice and teas. Upscale snacks for sure!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We go here for lunch often when in town. My wife and daughter like the various deli salads that you can mix up. I tend to go for the toasted sandwiches and coice of breads. aughter likes the coffee, I enjoy a beer. Prices are reasonable for this quality and variety. Place hums with students, faculty, and locals. Self seating in tables scattered about the deli plus a few window bar seats.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stopped here early one morning for a flaky delicious croissant and a croissant breakfast sandwich along with an espresso. Nice place with some interesting packaged specialty items in the large retail space. Highly recommend and would definitely return!

1  Thank littlepepita