“Great Specialty Cheeses”

Goat Sheep Cow, NORTH
Ranked #297 of 1,000 Restaurants in Charleston
Description: This location consists of retail cheese, charcuterie, wine and groceries with a wine bar and European-style café.
Reviewed August 12, 2017

This is a store that sells gourmet cheeses, wines and breads and crackers. They have an excellent selection of European and French Cheeses. We went in looking for a hostess gift box and came out with a gift box with cheeses, crackers, breads and some chocolates. The staff was very helpful and suggested some items for the box. They then packed the box and put a bow on it. That only took about 30 to 45 minutes. While they were doing this, one of the staff let me taste several cheeses and my wife and I came away with about 6 cheeses, crackers/bread and a slice of a Plum Almond loaf.

Reviewed August 12, 2017

Nice little wine bar with a humble selection of dishes but an amazing selection of wine and recommendations. Would recommend for a quiet night out or to start the night.

Reviewed August 7, 2017

Great place, I used to live in Paris and got the same café-bistrot feeling I had there when I entered goat Sheep Cow. The cheese and charcuterie plate was awesome, but my friend and I couldn't actually finish the croque monsieur and croque madame we ordered. It looked amazing (check the pic) but had a weird taste to it, like the egg was not good. I'll try again to see if I have better luck next time, but with another sandwich for sure... Goos service.

Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

My friends and I went here to grab some wine and cheese before heading out on the town. We had a great time trying various French wines and nibbling on a medium charcuterie board mixed with a few cheeses. The service was pretty good, but it gets busy quickly and therefore the service suffers just a tad. Our server was friendly, but forgot about an appetizer I ordered, twice. Luckily, we had enough cheese and meats to tide us over so it wasn't a big issue. Great wines and unique cheeses puts this place on the map. Definitely try it! Enjoy!

Reviewed June 21, 2017

The (new) Goat Sheep Cow is lovely and the menu is lots of fun -- great grilled cheese sandwiches and cheese plates. The service is somewhere between indifferent and you-don't-matter, but if you go there for a leisurely meal, it won't matter.