“Very informative and well worth it!”

Charleston Harbor Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$26.50*
and up
Charleston Harbor of History Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Come aboard the Carolina Belle for a 90-minute, live narrated, harbor history tour on the beautiful Charleston Harbor. See the "holy city" from a new perspective and take in over 300 years of history that has shaped the Charleston we know today. Tours daily 11:30, 1:30, and 3:30. 9:30 and 6 pm tours in peak season. See website for full schedule. We also offer Charleston's best combination tours. Season Mid February through November. Closed December and January.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Sterling Heights, Michigan
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Very informative and well worth it!”
Reviewed June 15, 2011

LOVED THIS! Went here based on a trip advisor recommendation and we did NOT regret! The tour was 1.5 hours long and well worth it. I came away understanding so much more about the city then when I started. There is so much history here. It is a beautiful harbor and a great way to spend an afternoon. I would recommend this to anyone coming. The staff was very polite and our narrator gave us just enough information.

1 Thank NurseJen97

Bay City, Michigan
492 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2,388 helpful votes
“A great boat ride, narrator, and consession stand worker...lol...”
Reviewed June 11, 2011

We bought a combination carriage ride and harbor tour ticket for $33/adult. This was an excellent boat tour and we really enjoyed ourselves. There is lots of seating, both inside and out. Be sure and have some sunscreen on! I forgot mine that day....and I have paid for it.

The boat ride take you out past both Forts Sumter and Moultrie, islands, beautiful shoreline homes, near the Battery (not that close though), under the Ravenel Bridge. You might see dolphins and pelicans and other birds. We saw ocean going container ships and other types of boats.

The narrator/captain provides lots of historical and other types of information, has a good sense of humor, and has a great narrating voice. The narration is not continuous, so you get a breather to just relax and take pictures. All of the people we met on board were friendly and helpful.

Snacks and drinks (including alcohol) are available. We each had a mixed drink and they were made well! I tipped accordingly-lol!! I could not remember what my drink's ingredients were and the young man working the stand found out for me. :)

Bathrooms clean.

Decent parking area. If you buy a ticket, I believe you can park there all day for free. :)

Highly recommend.

3 Thank tymetraveler222
Stockbridge, Michigan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A unique view of Charleston Area”
Reviewed June 5, 2011

This tour is a must see, its best to get it paired with something else. mine was paired with boone hall. The tour lasted around 90 minutes and took all over the harbor. the guide was both entertaining and gave great information and history loved the tour and definatly reccomend it to others.

1 Thank cuteangel79
High Point, North Carolina
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“A nice way to see Charleston and the surrounding area.”
Reviewed May 24, 2011

After looking at several Charleston Boat tours my family decided to take the Charleston Harbor Tour. There are several harbor tours so make sure you know which one you are taking. Most of them leave from the Charleston Maritime Center. One tour company gave us the wrong location and we missed a tour due to their incomptenence and the ignorant person at the reservation office. The Charleston Tour offers free parking which for Charleston is nice. Nothing is free. The facillty you leave from is new and easy to access. The boat was very clean and the tour guide and the crew were very hospitable and knowledgeable. Just beware that some familys take the cruise and let their children run around like demons but that other than that the cruise was an excellent way to see Charleston and the surrounding areas from a different perspective than being on land.

Visited May 2011
2 Thank romano090
Woodboro Maryland
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“a great starting point for your trip to Charleston”
Reviewed April 22, 2011

The Harbor tour was just long enough, informative, easy to understand and very interesting. My Wife and I recommend that you do this as one of your first excursions in C-town.

Visited April 2011