The Governor's House Inn
$209
French Quarter Inn(Charleston)
$309
  • Breakfast included
Town & Country Inn and Suites(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$129
$179
King Charles Inn(Charleston)
$199
$189
Official Website
Holiday Inn Express Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$119
All reviewsdeclaration of independencejefferson suitemagnolia roomother guestsprivate porchbroad streetbarbados roombreakfast and afternoon teathird floorsouthern hospitalitythe main housequichebed and breakfastbreakfast was deliciousoff street parkingafternoon winewithin walking distance
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Spent three nights at the Inn and loved it. Our room was on the top floor and still remained cool and quiet during the summer heat. How special to stay in the home of one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence ! All of the staff ( Hayley, Anna, etc.) were more than helpful and met our every need. The afternoon tea was a great treat and the perfect time to meet other guests and share ideas about where to eat dinner. The staff has menus and will make reservations for you. It was so much fun to meet everyone and chat while snacking on delicious food and wine. Breakfast was wonderful - in the dining room or on the porch - and I loved that iced peach tea and water was available all day. My only snag was that while our room was cleaned each day the toiletries were not replenished...just a small thing. The location was perfect...we were able to walk to the historic area with ease and felt very safe. Never got to use the bikes...maybe next time ! We loved the Inn and Charleston and plan on returning again someday.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Magnolia Room and it was very comfortable !
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Governor's House Inn July 7-11 and it was one of the best stays that we have had anywhere. The service was so wonderful, all of the girls that work there are so helpful and accommodating. We loved Anna and she was even able to make a reservation at a fabulous restaurant at the last minute. Our room was beautiful and the breakfast and tea time were so delicious, we looked forward to eating there every day! It is great to be able to stay in such an old beautiful house while still having modern amenities such as AC, modern bathroom, extremely comfortable bed, etc. We loved this Inn and hope to return back someday :)

Room Tip: We stayed in the Wagener room on the first floor, it was located right by the dining room. I highly suggest this room as it is convenient to the lobby and dining room and you do not have to go up and down stairs. We also sleep in late and did not have any problems with noise.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2012

June 22 - 24 was yet another visit to GHI, and another wonderful time. Being a native Charlestonian, when I can visit my hometown, I can't think of any place that provides the same true Charleston hospitality or character.

I shan't waste words repeating my raves from previous visits, just trust a native that this is where you want to stay. Period.

Room Tip: It really doesn't matter which room. They are all wonderful. But, if you have the opportunity to stay in one of the Kitchen House Suites, you'll begin to think you own the place.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying here on June 20th in celebration of our 20th anniversary. The entire inn is exquisite. The decor is beautiful, the food divine, and the inn keepers full of southern hospitality at its best. Our room was the Middleton Suite on the second floor, which was very comfortable and romantic. We especially enjoyed the very large private veranda off of our room. It was a lovely place for breakfast. Staying at a B&B in Charleston has been on my wish list for a long time. I believe that I chose the best by staying at Governor's House Inn. I hope to return one day.

Room Tip: A suite is definitely worth it to have a king bed and private veranda!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TennesseeBamagirl
Reviewed May 21, 2012

First class Inn with 11 rooms. Exquisite bathroom, 4 poster king bed, cozy chais and couches surround fireplace. Private Piazza with comfortable furniture and cool breezes is reached through sliding windows instead of door! Sherry, wine, desserts, and cheeses in the afternoon; breakfast is combination of savory and sweet. Very memorable stay.

Room Tip: Middle ton R If you are celebrating a special occasion, the Middleton Room is worth the extra cost. You have your own private piazza, which is perfect for breakfast .
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple