“Untouched beauty” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Audubon Swamp Garden

Audubon Swamp Garden
Ranked #54 of 209 things to do in Charleston
More attraction details
Owner description: A 60-acre preserve where visitors observe many wildlife habitats.
Greenville, South Carolina
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Untouched beauty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Places like this are getting hard to find. Step back and look around this place and you will be amazed as well as humbled by gods creation. So much to see and do.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Cory H

Boston, MA
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“A real treat if you like wildlife”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

My husband and I had never been to a swamp before and we really enjoyed this. You are walking on raised, wooden walkways so don't worry about getting dirty or wet. While we did see some gators, I have to say that we really didn't see to much more. We say much more wildlife at the Magnolia Plantation Swamp.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank PFlynn006
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“5 Stars does NOT do this place justice.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I have to brag on this establishment! You want find any place in Charleston, around Charleston, or near Charleston that is this beautiful. It is like you are going back in time. If your wanting a family friendly place this is the place to be. There is something here for everyone. What really got me the most is the staff. The first time we went, we had just paid for a our visit and was getting ready to go on the trolley ride when my nephew got sick. They woman at the entrance told me to go to the administrative office and talk to the ladies in there. When I went in and told them what was going on, they refunded us our money, asked me if we needed any help and told me they hoped that my nephew got better soon. You'll never know how much that ment to us. That right there told me that this place cares not just about money but the people as well. THANK YOU guys so much! YES we will be back!

Visited July 2014
6 Thank Tabitha A
Meridian, Idaho
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“You can see most of it from the road.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

You drive by one side of the Audubon Swamp Garden as you exit Magnolia Gardens. You see a good portion of the swamp driving by, and also you go around the swamp on the tram tour. To just see the swamp you need to pay the general admission (gardens only) plus an additional fee (and get a code to get in the gate). You park in a separate area, and walk on boardwalks through a swampy area. You can get a similar experience for $1 per person at the Caw Caw Interpretive County Park. Both have swamp, birds and alligators.

Visited November 2013
13 Thank TomTrel
Cincinnati, Ohio
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Very Interesting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

The bird Rookery and Alligators where amazing to view in the wild. Some great photos taken that I will cherish.

Visited June 2014