Planters Inn
French Quarter Inn(Charleston)
$309
$179
  • Breakfast included
Town & Country Inn and Suites(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$129
King Charles Inn(Charleston)
$199
$189
Official Website
Holiday Inn Express Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$119
1,985 results
All reviewspeninsula grillcoconut cakerelais chateauxteddy bearplantation kingsouthern charmsweet teaturn down servicefour poster bedsitting roomperfect locationsmall hotelmarket streetlovely roomcharming hotelhistoric districta wonderful stay
Reviewed July 17, 2010

We spent a very pleasant three days at the Planters Inn and we would recommend it highly. Even though the hotel is located in what seems to be the ultimate tourist area in Charleston, the surroundings are quiet and peaceful. The hotel is relatively easy to reach by car and the doorman, Alan, was prompt, courteous, and welcoming. Our room was perfect in all respects and contained many extras, including umbrellas for use while walking around town. By far, this hotel's strongest characteristic seems to be highly professional service without seeming "stuffy". Housekeeping, the bell staff (particularly Chris), and desk personnel seemed totally focused on doing their jobs in the best way possible, and in anticipating guests' needs. This performance is also reflective of outstanding management, which seems to distinguish this hotel from similar properties. We will remember our experience at the Planters Inn and we will visit again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Planters_Inn, General Manager at Planters Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2010

Thank you so much for your review, your comments goes to our heart and we hope to have you soon back with us. Alan, Chris and the whole team are thrilled by your review.

Reviewed July 16, 2010

My husband and I just left this beautiful hotel after a four night stay. We were very happy with its central location to the historic sites. The rooms are tastefully decorated. Water decanters , with floating fresh fruit, was a welcome treat after touring in the hot weather. The staff was very friendly. I found this hotel by reading the comments of other Traveladvisor users. I will always check Traveladvisor before booking any hotel!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Planters_Inn, Manager at Planters Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2010

It was a pleasure to have you with us and we wish to have you back in our wonderful city very soon. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed July 14, 2010

I searched travel books and trip advisor for a special place in historic Charleston and a local friend recommended this beautiful Inn. I was totally satisfied. The location could not be better, next to the market and within easy walking distance of everything that we wanted to see. The staff was helpful and polite and very professional. The parlor with lemonade was comfortable. But the room was divine! Ours was a standard with 2 queens, and it was really spacious, beautifully appointed, with extremely comfortable beds. Not much of a view out our window, but I didn't care a bit; the room and the entire hotel offered so much beauty. The bathroom was luxurious with a bud vase with fresh roses! When my friend and I returned after an evening about town, there was a little dish with the most heavenly dessert of pralines. Very sweet.
We loved our stay and would recommend it highly to anyone. A bit expensive, but worth it.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank sontjones
Planters_Inn, General Manager at Planters Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2010

Thank you so much for your comments, we pride ourselves in having the most authentic local style rooms with Baker Charleston collection furniture and four poster beds, as well as antic furniture in our common areas. Thank you again for your kind words.

Reviewed July 2, 2010

Pros: Hotel is right in the heart of the Charleston market. You can't get any closer to the shops and fun in the area. The hotel has a great decor and really has captured the Charleston atmosphere. The room we stayed in was very spacious, I believe it was called a Plantation King. The bedding, furniture and tv were extremely nice. We were upgraded to this room as we were having a wedding during our stay. We asked for the upgrade, I think it was granted partially due to the fact that we pre-paid for all but the beverages consumed at our reception. Overall the wedding went very well. Everyone enjoyed the setup in the courtyard and the dinner we held in one of there small banquet rooms.

Cons: Parking must be a problem. I had my car valeted and it took about 30 minutes once to retrieve it. Apparently some other vehicle had blocked mine in and it had to be towed. The restaurant attached to the hotel catered our wedding reception. They did a pretty good job with the meal. Everyone liked their meal. I did not care for my steak, but maybe I am too picky as I seem to only like the steaks I get at Capital Grill and Sullivan's.

Overall I would recommend the hotel over any other in the area for the same price. Little things are going to happen at any place, so the pros definitely out weigh the cons.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank litterbug
Planters_Inn, General Manager at Planters Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2010

We are honored to have been chosen to host you for such a wonderful occasion, on behalf of all the associates, we would like to extend our thanks for your very nice comments and our congratulation for your wedding.

Reviewed July 1, 2010

The atmosphere at Planters Inn was sophisticated yet warm and friendly. The building and rooms are historical, comfortable and exquisite. A warm atmosphere permeates the Inn as everyone who works there is so friendly yet also very professional. The sitting room with coffee and tea in the morning and sweet tea and lemonade in the afternoon is an inviting place to rest and talk a while. I looked at many other hotels and inns in Charleston as I enjoy comparing lodgings and not one compared to the Planters Inn. It was the Planters Inn that made our trip toCharleston so special and I'd never consider staying any place else when I return

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Planters_Inn, General Manager at Planters Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2010

It was a real pleasure to have you with us, the whole team enjoyed your company and we are thrilled that you had such a good time in our great city.