2,273 results
All reviews peninsula grill coconut cake relais chateaux teddy bear southern charm four poster bed turn down service perfect location sitting room market street small hotel historic district within walking distance lovely room charming hotel a wonderful stay street noise
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I stayed at The Planters Inn this weekend looking for some R&R in a 4.5 stars hotel. The location is perfect and the rooms are spacious. Unfortunately, we were highly disappointed as we ran into several issues during our stay (they were brought up to management’s attention during our stay). When we arrived to the hotel my husband had to help the bellman bring the luggage in and our room was not ready until after 3pm (3pm is the promised time for check in). The next morning we had to call in when we got back to our room after having been out all morning (at almost noon time) to have our room made up. Later that afternoon we noticed that our room had been made up half way and that the toiletries had not been replenished as we did not have shampoo or a shower cap. We had to call the front desk, twice, to have them bring toiletries. By the time they came to our room with the toiletries we were done with our showers. This morning we went to shower and noticed that still we did not have any shampoo and that the little bottles that were inside the shower were body wash, conditioner and lotion... yes, lotion...my husband had to call the front desk, once again, for someone to bring some shampoo to the room. As we checked out there was no one to help us take our luggage out and help us put it in the car. The lack of service that we experienced at The Planters Inn is nothing that you’d expect of a Relais & Chateau property that costs over $500/night. What a disappointment!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rosa S
PlantersInnChs, Guest Relations Manager at Planters Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Rosa S,

First and most importantly, I apologize that your stay did not exceed expectations. We are passionate about authentic, high-quality hospitality, and we work diligently to exceed each guest's expectations for a lovely, memorable stay. It sounds like there were aspects of your visit we could improve upon, and I invite you to contact me directly at your convenience if you would like to discuss these matters further. Additionally, we would all like the opportunity to regain your trust. If your travels bring you back to Charleston, please contact me so I may ensure your second visit is as close to perfect as possible.

Brad Dickerson, Guest Services
managers@plantersinn.com

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was our first visit to Charleston and we couldn’t have chosen a better hotel. Small, historic, with a really warm and friendly staff. We were in the Governor’s suite which was great for the three of us. Location was central. Didn’t care much for the hawkers on Market Street but that was the only downside. Highly recommend!

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear JCArlington,

It was a pleasure to welcome you to Planters Inn for the first time, and we look forward to saying "hello" many times in the future!

When you are ready to return to Charleston, our on-site reservation specialists will ensure you have a beautiful Governor's Suite awaiting your arrival as well as a preferred dining time at Peninsula Grill.

Until we meet again, we wish you good health and happiness.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I would have given an overall "Excellent" for cleanliness, but as I stated in my survey my room wasn't vacuumed it clearly had food, candy crumbs on the floor & wasn't vacuumed my entire stay. I cannot give a higher score for the value because for that reason it wasn't worth the money I spent if you cannot get someone to vacuum?

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Explorer09873311861,

Thanks for selecting Planters Inn for your Spring Break vacation and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We read every review and turn guest comments into action!

When you are ready to return to Charleston, our on-site reservations specialists will ensure you have a beautiful Planters Inn room awaiting your arrival.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was a great pleasure to stay at this Inn and I would give it a 10. The staff was very helpful and kind. We enjoyed the location especially. It was close to the Market and shopping. We love the atmosphere and our room was so special. Thank you for having us.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Destination213873,

Wow. A perfect score!

Thank you for staying with us. It is always a great pleasure to welcome guests from near & far to Planter Inn, where the best shopping & sightseeing is only a short stroll away. We are delighted to know that in addition to Planters Inn's perfect location, you also loved the hotel's atmosphere and your "special" room.

When you are ready to return to Charleston, our on-site reservations specialists will ensure you have another special room awaiting your arrival. We look forward to saying hello again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Dirty rooms, staff not attentive to guest needs after multiple request. Housekeeping cleaned rooms late as I waited she asked if I wanted to go downstairs and get my bath mat. Did not replace toiletries

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank marshamiller503

Dear marshamiller503,

I want to personally apologize that your stay did not exceed expectations. We are passionate about authentic, high-quality hospitality, and we work diligently to exceed each guest's expectations for a lovely, memorable stay. It sounds like there were aspects of your visit we could improve upon, and I invite you to contact me directly at your convenience if you would like to discuss these matters further. Additionally, we would all like the opportunity to regain your trust. If your travels bring you back to Charleston, please contact me so I may ensure your second visit is as close to perfect as possible.

Brad Dickerson, Guest Services