Wentworth Mansion
King Charles Inn(Charleston)
$199
$189
Official Website
Holiday Inn Express Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$119
Town & Country Inn and Suites(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$129
Travelocity
All reviewscirca restaurantsun roomeast wingtiffany windowshors d'oeuvres and wineadjacent restaurantshrimp and gritsgas fireplacejacuzzi tubgourmet breakfastspiral staircaseon site restaurantbottle of champagneworking fireplaceking streethuge bathroomafternoon wine
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I would recommend this hotel to everyone rooms spacious and well furnished with period furniture batrooms amaizing and spotlessly clean staff falling over themselves to be helpfull and then your in Charleston which is fabulous!

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I will just say up front that you will possibly be put off by the cost of the rooms here - - but - - if you do decide to take the plunge - - you will certainly agree with me when I say that the "experience" is More than commensurate to the price.
The staff - - every single one of them - - is just plain outstanding and ready to take care of your every need with being intrusive. I found that so comfortable.
This is the best Inn I've ever stayed in - - in the USA. It ranks right up there (in my mind - better) with the Inn At Little Washington.
It is a leisurely walk to the Riverfront central downtown area of about 15 minutes which allows you to appreciate the beauty and architecture of Charleston.
Wait until you see breakfast! (Please hide the freshly baked Croissants and rolls from me the next time I visit)
An experience I will never forget.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor. If I recall - Room 15? It was perfection. Big, Sunny, Quiet, Nice jetted tub, huge shower, gas fireplace, perfect turn-down service, spotlessly clean.
2  Thank kmarch
OwnerCharmingInns, Owner at Wentworth Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Thank you so much for your five-star review of the Wentworth Mansion. We are thrilled that you had such an enjoyable time. Our staff takes great pride in offering top-notch service. We will pass along your kind words. The pastries and croissants baked daily in addition to the complimentary breakfast served at Circa 1886 Restaurant are a wonderful treat that we love to offer our guests. We are so happy to have been part of your unforgettable experience in Charleston. We look forward to hosting you in the future.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

From the moment you walk into the Wentworth Mansion, you feel welcomed. They have thought of everything! The room was spectacular. They give you a tour of the mansion, help with reservations, serve iced tea and lemonade in the afternoon and wine and appetizers late in the afternoon. You start your day with coffee and fresh made pastries in the morning and then head over to a fabulous prepared breakfast before starting exploring Charleston for the day. We can't wait to return!

1  Thank Foley475
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I stayed here for one night in January 2014. The weather was a little chilly outside, but that wasn't an issue inside my hotel room since there was a working fire place just feet away from an extremely comfortable king sized bed. The hotel room had a huge bathroom with two shower heads on opposite ends of the shower space. The bathroom also contained a spacious jacuzzi tub. Between the bathroom and bedroom was a sitting room with a tv and two comfortable chairs. As a guest of the hotel we got a complimentary breakfast at Circa 1886 restaurant which is located just behind the Mansion. Circa 1886 is highly touted in many travel magazines, definitely worth checking out - especially if you're a wine lover. The hotel served up complimentary wine and hors d'oeuvres in late afternoon - take advantage of that. The location of the Mansion is in a quieter part of the city - not terribly far from Market Street or King Street. After staying right off of King Street the night before I didn't mind having a quieter experience in this luxurious and special hotel. Would definitely recommend this hotel to a couple looking for a romantic night (or two) away!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NYHokie

Thank you for sharing your wonderful Wentworth Mansion experience. Having a fireplace in the room is something that many of our guests enjoy, especially when there is uncharacteristically cold weather. We are so happy that you enjoyed it. Our complimentary breakfast at Circa 1886 Restaurant and wine and hors d’oeuvres hour are two amenities that we truly enjoy offering to our guests. We appreciate your comments and look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

From the moment we arrived in Charleston I was hooked! We arrived at the Wentworth Mansion and let's just say that it was stunning in everyway. Not one detail was missed by the staff...the service was outstanding and the mansion was elegant in every way. The breakfast included with your stay was delicious and such a great way to start the day with ambiance...the grits were the best I've ever had. The Spa is quaint with excellent service and a real Charleston feel to it. We did not have enough nights to try all of the wonderful restaurants while there but the two we did dine at for dinner were highly recommended and did not disappoint...Fig and Hall's Chophouse. We also enjoyed all of the shopping on King Street and the open air Market. This was my first trip to Charleston and I can't wait to return in the Spring or Summer season. Everyone we encountered was so gracious and friendly. Now I know why everyone love's Charleston!

Room Tip: We stayed in the one the suites with a fireplace in the bedroom and a lovely sunroom/reading room connected. The bed was so comfortable and the sheets were silky soft.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

We are so thrilled to have been part of your Valentine’s celebration in Charleston. The staff at both the Wentworth Mansion and the Spa at Wentworth Mansion takes great pride in offering true Southern hospitality. We will pass along your kind words. We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to Charleston.