Staying at the Wentworth Mansion is a must, must,must if you plan on visiting Charleston SC. From the moment we were greeted at the door by the concierge to the moment we checked out we were treated like royalty. We arrived early (10:30 AM) and our room was not yet ready, something we expected. The staff handled our early arrival with no problems. We were given refreshments and a brief tour of the property. We opted for a walk around the historic district of Charleston and returned to be taken to room 18 on the fourth floor. (The elevator is quite an experience, tiny and slow, but gets the job done). Room 18 - the old billiard room is enormous. The extreme luxury and size of the room was stunning. A bed fit for kings and queens, gas fireplace, large sitting area, and three windows looking out over Charleston. The bathroom existed of a very large jetted tub on one side and a multi-headed shower big enough to dance in on the other. Shuttered windows allowed the natural light to shine in making the entire bathroom area very warm and sunny. Hidden discreetly at bedside was a small refrigerator filled with coke, sprite and bottle water. These beverages were offered at no charge and restocked daily. Also offered at no charge was daily full breakfast at Circa 1886 restaurant, iced tea and lemonade in the afternoon, wine and yummy appetizers(real appetizers not just cheese and crackers) from 5:00 to 6:00 PM., and port, sherry and cognac left out for your enjoyment in the evenings. Housekeeping was perfect, nothing was out of order, everything was clean and tidy. We enjoyed dinner at Circa 1886, the playful chef here had great offerings on the menu. And at breakfast Miss Betty sung to me every morning. (A trip to breakfast at Circa 1886 is worth it just to meet Miss Betty, she is a true southern gem.) Sunset on the roof via the spiral staircase in the cupola is a must, very romantic. The property has well kept gardens with areas to stop and sit a bit. Great staff, great room great amenities. Could not fathom staying anywhere else in Charleston. Thanks Wentworth, you are spectacular!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wentworth Mansion® is, quite simply, one of the world's finest and most unique inns. A 21-room tribute to Charleston grandeur, The Wentworth Mansion is a historic downtown Charleston inn that exemplifies splendor with Italian crystal chandeliers, hand-carved marble fireplaces, gracious hospitality, luxurious amenities - all just steps from award-winning dining, art, history, and shopping.True to its original role as a private residence, The Wentworth Mansion embraces guests with a warm, intuitive service that is comfort itself. Like the greatest family traditions, it preserves its original intrigue and ensures that each guest is not a mere witness to the magic, but integral to it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Wentworth Mansion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wentworth Mansion Charleston
- Wentworth Mansion Hotel Charleston