So elegant, so charming, so large yet so quaint! Thank you Wentworth Mansion staff for helping to make our first visit to Charleston simply wonderful. It felt so special to receive a welcome call before the trip to see if there was anything needed during our upcoming stay. Hearing this was our first visit to the area with no set plans, Mark graciously inquired of our interests and then set up a private tour with Charleston native, Linda Jones of Absolutely Charleston - it was awesome! The location of the Mansion is slightly outside of the main activity which makes it quiet, yet close enough to walk to/from the restaurants and stores. The grounds are impeccable. The breakfasts are so delicious and filling we never ate a full lunch. There are so many nice touches: afternoon refreshments; wine and appetizers (mini crabcakes and assorted cheese/dried fruits - yum!); fresh roses throughout; port/brandy/sherry; in room refrigerator with complimentary drinks. Speaking of the rooms......"A"-mazing!! We stayed in an East Wing Room. Upon entering we walked through a small hallway past the massive bathroom with a 2-person soaking/jacuzzi tub and fireplace. Classical music filled the air in both the bathroom and the living/bedroom- where a second fireplace was located. I had requested a room with a balcony - lovely to open the doors in the morning with a fresh cup of coffee secured from the downstairs parlor and plan the day ahead. Next time - yes, there will be a next time - I will spend less time exploring the city and more time at the Wentworth Mansion. The one recommendation I would make to anyone able to splurge on a stay here is to get your touring/exploring out of the way before your stay. Make time to just relax, enjoy the views inside and out, and take full advantage of the experience of the Wentworth Mansion.
P.S. - thank you for recognizing my birthday... it was an extraordinary visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wentworth Mansion® is, quite simply, one of the world's finest and most unique inns. A 21-room tribute to Charleston grandeur, The Wentworth Mansion is a historic downtown Charleston inn that exemplifies splendor with Italian crystal chandeliers, hand-carved marble fireplaces, gracious hospitality, luxurious amenities - all just steps from award-winning dining, art, history, and shopping.True to its original role as a private residence, The Wentworth Mansion embraces guests with a warm, intuitive service that is comfort itself. Like the greatest family traditions, it preserves its original intrigue and ensures that each guest is not a mere witness to the magic, but integral to it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Wentworth Mansion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wentworth Mansion Charleston
- Wentworth Mansion Hotel Charleston