What a fantastic place. The property surrounded us with a feeling of being in old Charleston and at the same time afforded us a level of amenities and service consistent with some of the finest properties at which we have ever stayed. To be charmingly old and completely modern all at the same time is a difficult trick to pull off, but the Wentworth Mansion does it and does it very well.
The property is pure “Old Charleston”. Everything from the fabrics to the furniture (some magnificent antique pieces) to the colors creates a sense of authenticity that allows the Wentworth Mansion to deliver a Charleston experience just by being there. And there is plenty of opportunity to enjoy the experience of “just being there” – the afternoon complimentary wine and horderves on the porch was terrific and there is always an open bottle of brandy when we just wanted to spend a few minutes in the evening sitting and talking. Our room was beautiful, spacious and filled with the same sense of old world charm and modern sensibility. The bathroom was everything you would expect of a five star property with a shower and bath tub – both luxury sized and both real treats. We were also very pleased to be a short walk from the galleries on King Street and some of the historical areas – so, great location.
An excellent breakfast (included in the price of our room) was served in the adjacent restaurant “Circa 1886” (great food by the way). We thoroughly enjoyed breakfast each morning – not only because it was well prepared, but because of the sheer pleasure of sharing the room with Ms Betty, a matriarch of the Mansion and a gem of a person who seems to be everywhere trying to make sure each guest is attended to. In fact, the entire staff is friendly, energetic, and always on the lookout for ways to be helpful.
Great property, great ambiance, great staff, great location – highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wentworth Mansion® is, quite simply, one of the world's finest and most unique inns. A 21-room tribute to Charleston grandeur, The Wentworth Mansion is a historic downtown Charleston inn that exemplifies splendor with Italian crystal chandeliers, hand-carved marble fireplaces, gracious hospitality, luxurious amenities - all just steps from award-winning dining, art, history, and shopping.True to its original role as a private residence, The Wentworth Mansion embraces guests with a warm, intuitive service that is comfort itself. Like the greatest family traditions, it preserves its original intrigue and ensures that each guest is not a mere witness to the magic, but integral to it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Wentworth Mansion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wentworth Mansion Charleston
- Wentworth Mansion Hotel Charleston