“Top Notch”

The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel
Ranked #14 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I am going to actually give two things 5 stars - the hotel and staff and an app that helped me find them, Hotel Tonight. This app searches for all the nice hotels that aren't full and end up offering really nice discounts. I got an amazing rate to stay at the Vendue, but honestly, there suggested price is worth it. The rooms are not large, or at least the standard room, but so lovely. It I set up in a way that makes you feel like you are staying in a special place. And we were staying there during construction for the hotel, but this didn't take anything away.

The staff is ridiculously helpful and lovely. Anything you need is there pleasure and they make you feel so well taken care of without being pushy in any way. The location is amazing of course, but they seem to really care to be a wonderful hotel. I went during a cold spell for Charleston, but these guys, even though the hotel was not too busy, never stopped smiling and making the place extra special for all their guests. Really enjoyed it.

2  Thank bks807
Nicole T, Manager at The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad that you chose to stay with us and experience the high level of service and warm surroundings we strive to be known for. We have been hit with some unseasonably cold weather recently, but I'm glad that you recognized that our team always manages to remain upbeat during any situation.
We have a number of accommodations here at The Vendue and many are quite spacious. We will have completed our renovation project in 19 Vendue,our property adjacent to 26 Vendue, this spring. Call us directly next time you are planning a trip to Charleston and we'll be happy to discuss which option will best suit your needs. We look forward to your next stay.

There are newer reviews for The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Is my first review ever but I wanted to take this opportunity to say that my girlfriend and I just visited Charleston and stayed at this place, we booked at last minute and as soon as we arrive the staff welcome us and guide us to our room and gave us all recommendations, and they even parked our car in their garage cuz after long drive you are tired, they have nice chocolate with milk at night and for me the most important thing is that how suit and warm people are, Im from Peru and I was impressed with this guys at this hotel

If I ever go back to Charleston I will definitely stay at this place and meet them again.

Room Tip: "Corner suites are large and sunny
1  Thank AlpacaExpeditions

Thank you for your kind comments about our property and especially the staff. We feel very honored that you thought so highly of our staff during your stay that you were moved to offer your opinions in your first review. We strive to provide world class service to each of our guests. We look forward to the pleasure of meeting you again next time you visit Charleston from the beautiful city of Cusco!

Reviewed January 18, 2014

We loved staying right in the historical part of town in a historical building! The only thing that could be fixed was in our particular room the heat vent was somewhat noisy. They were kind enough to upgrade us to a same room with a window - we had booked without a window.

Free wine in the afternoon was lovely. The staff helped check our street parking and told us since it was Sunday afternoon we could leave our car there as they didn't check the meters until 9am which saved us $14 overnight parking in the garage! That's service!!!

Great bed, great shower, all super.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Nicole T, Manager at The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Thank you for staying at The Vendue! I'm glad our location proved to be exactly what you were looking for in Charleston.
I apologize that the vent in the room you were initially assigned to caused a disturbance but I'm pleased that our staff was able to move you to a more comfortable room. I'm certain that our maintenance staff has addressed the problem so that our future guests don't experience the same issue.
We enjoy offering our afternoon manager's reception with wine and hors d'oeuvres and I'm happy to hear you were able to join us.
Overall, it sounds like our staff was able to help make this stay memorable and I hope that you'll continue to be our guest during any future trips to Charleston.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Great place, great location, comfy bed and pillows...lots of historic charm, great staff...The valet even found me street parking and parked my car for me to save me 20 bucks! They are in a location that is quiet yet very close to some of the best restaurants in Charleston...VERY reasonable rates. Good morning coffee too!

Room Tip: They are in the midst of a renovation (that never disturbed me)....This place will be even better in...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Nicole T, Manager at The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Thank you for your review. I'm pleased to see that you complimented our comfortable bedding and wonderful staff in addition to our great location in Charleston. I'm also glad the valet was able to assist you with finding on street parking. I have passed on your regards to all of the staff.
I hope that you will continue to be our guests at The Vendue each time you visit Charleston.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I chose the Vendue based solely on the website with no real input from friends. This was just a short, 4-day get-away and I wanted someplace that I thought would be special. We totally loved the Vendue. It is perfectly situated about 200 feet from a beautiful park that overlooks the water. The park has a large pier with benches and swings and is very safe 24/7. The Vendue is also downtown and walking distance to everything. The people inside are what really makes it so special. A week before our arrival the concierge called us to see if there was anything he could do. We asked him to book us some dinner reservations and he selected perfect restaurants for each night at precisely the time we had requested. He confirmed the reservations with an email to me. Coffee and fresh fruit along with hot based muffins were laid out each morning. You could sit down in one of the comfortable rooms with couches and tables or take it back to your room. Every afternoon at 4pm they have a nice wine and cheese break. It allowed us to sit by the fire and just relax for an hour. Any request we made was met with a willingness to help in any way or do what they could to make us comfortable and happy. The rooms were very nice - quite clean and charming. We only saw our one room but it was terrific. We hope to go back again soon. It is very much worth the cost and I would highly recommend it. You will not be disappointed.

2  Thank ohiotraveler121
Nicole T, Manager at The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Thank you for your review. Your kind comments about the hotel and the staff have been passed along and we are so happy that you found The Vendue to be exactly what you hoped it would be from your research on our website.
We are very lucky to be in such a fantastic location in Charleston and each person on our staff strives to make all of our guests feel relaxed and welcome prior to and during your time spent here. I'm also pleased to know that you enjoyed the amenities we offer to all of our guests each day.
I hope that you'll be back to Charleston! We all look forward to the pleasure of your next visit.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

My wife and I were traveling up the coast (from Savannah) and had reservations at the now defunct Anchorage Inn. We walked into 26 Vendue Range to find one of the the most gorgeous, friendly and helpful people EVER. She very patiently explained we could park immediately in front of the hotel while we were getting settled and that the owners of the Vendue had purchased and rehabbed the property. After getting settled in we were shown the hotel parking area and I moved the car to that area.
The room was GORGEOUS. Turn down service was the best I've ever experienced and the front desk/concierge was always helpful (no matter who was manning the desk).
Breakfast was across the street and was delicious. Galina was our server and made the meal a delight.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Txomin_51
Nicole T, Manager at The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Thank you for your kind words about our property and staff. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Vendue and appreciate that you took the time to remember us from your trip in October. I am also delighted that Galina, your breakfast server, provided you with a level of service that proved noteworthy. Your remarks will be passed along to her and I know that she will be happy to receive your positive feedback.
We certainly hope that you will continue to be our guest during any future trips to Charleston.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We got a Groupon for this hotel so didn't have high expectations, but we were so thrilled when we arrived at Vendue. We stayed in the building across the street from the main location, in a downstairs room, with a giant four poster bed and a fireplace and original brick walls. It does not get more romantic!! The location was perfect, within walking distance of all the best restaurants and bars and the battery. If you do nothing in Charleston but divide your time between luxuriating in your room at Vendue, wandering the nearby streets, and eating at the nearby restaurants, it will be time well spent. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CMTravels229
Nicole T, Manager at The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations during your recent stay at The Vendue. We are quite fortunate to be located so centrally to Charleston's historic sites and fantastic restaurants. We all look forward to the pleasure of your next visit.