“Love the Vendue!!!”

Ranked #14 of 62 Hotels in Charleston
Oklahoma City, OK
Reviewed March 31, 2004

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Write a ReviewReviews (2,293)

Greenville, NC
Reviewed March 30, 2004

• Stayed: November 2004
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dallas, TX
Reviewed February 27, 2004

would never consider anywhere else. It is obvious this Inn is well run and attentive to guest needs.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 14, 2004

4  Thank cyberoptician
Charleston, SC
Reviewed February 3, 2004

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed February 2, 2004

I booked a weekend at the Vendue Inn as part of my plans to propose to my girlfriend in Charleston. After making the reservations I read some of the reviews here and almost considered another hotel. We are SO glad I did not. Our stay at the Vendue Inn was fabulous.

Everything from the service to the condition of the rooms was more than we could ask for. Our first two nights were in one of the beautiful two room suites. When we chose to stay another night, the room was not available, so we stayed in a standard room the last night. While much smaller than the suite, it still felt like home. The breakfast was great, especially the grits. They also have a little self service waffle iron that makes excellent waffles. I especially liked the sweet tea available in the lobby! It seemed like there was always something available throughout the day from breakfast to milk and cookies in the evening.

The main reason I chose to enter a review here is to compliment the front desk staff. I thought they did a wonderful job of answering all of our questions about the city as well as the hotel. They also made excellent restaurant recommendations and even booked a reservation for us before we arrived.

We hope to stay at the Vendue Inn again someday, but for now we have many pleasant memories!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 15, 2004

I live in Charleston and wanted a romantic rendevouz with my Sweetheart and we couldn't have found a more perfect hotel than the Vendue Inn.
Living in Charleston, I knew I had a lot of hotels to choose from - and it wasn't an easy choice. I kept going back to the description of the Vendue Inn - the high, canopy bed - fireplace in room - separate shower and oversized tub - romance, romance, romance! My Sweetheart had never stayed "in" Charleston and I wanted him to have a wonderful stay and experience how special the city is. The staff couldn't have been more professional - one young bellman in particular was a hoot to deal with - he and others most professional. Charleston is a "walking city" and the Vendue Inn has a beautiful, convenient location to Waterfront Park and area restaurants. We were spoiled at the Vendue Inn and hope to return soon!

2  Thank tall_blonde
Travelers also viewed these Charleston hotels
King Charles Inn
French Quarter
Harbourview Inn
Harbourview Inn
#6 of 62 in Charleston

Been to The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel

Address: 19 Vendue Range, Charleston, SC 29401-2129
Location: United States > South Carolina > Coastal South Carolina > Charleston > French Quarter
Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Suites Wheelchair access
#9 Business Hotel in Charleston
#12 Romantic Hotel in Charleston
#12 Luxury Hotel in Charleston
Price Range: $181 - $422 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel 4*
Recently named #1 Hotel in Charleston and #9 Hotel in the U.S. by Travel + Leisure 2017. Charleston's Art Hotel, The Vendue, is located in the city's historic French Quarter just steps from world-renowned galleries and boutiques. The hotel features 2-3 rotating exhibits per year, allowing guests to explore and discover art from around the globe. Innovative cuisine, enticing art displays and panoramic rooftop views collectively inspire guests at every turn ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Vendue Hotel Charleston