“Always great”

Ranked #15 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Newnan, Georgia
“Always great”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Thanksgiving week was our 4th trip to Charleston, and our 4th stay at the Vendue. A great stay every time. Although we had a minor problem with our room, it was made right. After we had checked out and were eating lunch a Magnolias, i realized that i had left my phone in the room. A phone call by my wife, the phone was found. After lunch a shot walk back to the Vendue and Suzi greeted us outside to say goodbye. Its nice to be treated like family! As others have said, location, breakfast, bikes, wine and cheese, milk and cookies, and great service! What else is there? Thanks again. Richard & Sandra

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed December 12, 2012

My daughters and I just returned from our 1st visit to Charleston, and were completely charmed! The Vendue Inn was a huge factor in our wonderful stay. Perfectly situated for easy walking to the waterfront, the Market - all shopping - best restaurants. From my pre arrival phone call requesting a suite with 2 queens - to saying our goodbyes - This property was perfect! Our Jr Suite was absolutely georgeous, the breakfast delicious, and our dinner at the Library outstanding and special. My daughters loved their bike ride to take photographs - we trampled each other to "not miss" the evening milk and cookies, and enjoyed the wine and nibble time and chatting with Chef Jude. I have stayed in many lovely hotels - but as always -it comes down to the staff - The Vendue warm and gracious staff made us feel like royalty - each and every single one. I have already begun plotting my next visit - but this time with my hubby!

Room Tip: We had a corner suite - Historic - beautiful #104 -
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank LRHJ
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed December 12, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary this past week and were so very pleased! The location is perfect, fabulous restaurants across the street and within walking distance, shopping and a short distance from the beautiful waterfront. The service was truly amazing, they greeted us with a glass of wine and then had a complimentary bottle of champagne in the room along with a beautiful decanter of sherry on the antique dresser, very romantic! We will stay at the Vendue every time we come to Charleston!! Thank you for a wonderful time!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Charleston. The location is amazing and the customer service is excellent. From the moment we pulled up to the hotel the staff were outside ready to greet us and help us with our luggage. We checked in (which is very personalized - there is no "front desk"), and then our bellman gave us a tour of the Inn. The hotel offers a full breakfast if you book your reservation with the hotel directly. It's seriously a full service sit-down breakfast - bananas foster french toast, waffles with strawberries, granola and yogurt, full egg breakfast, etc. In the afternoon they have a wine and app reception - generous pours and tasty cheese, crackers, chicken salad and antipasto. At night they offer milk and cookies - also very good.
Our room was very nice (king, fireplace). The bathrooms were a little outdated but the Innkeeper told me that they are currently updating the bathrooms one room at a time to avoid major disruption to guests.
The location of the hotel is perfect. Across from the water, park/pier and close by to all the top restaurants. The hotel offers a roof top bar/restaurant with nice views of the city and entertainment nightly. We had a quick bite to eat and a drink upstairs for lunch but I wish we had time to hit it up again at night.
The staff (front desk, concierge, bellman, housekeeper, restaurant wait staff) were all excellent. They made me feel like they knew who we were and really cared about our stay there.
They offer complimentary bikes. We were late for a tour so we thought it would be quicker to take the bikes rather than walk. After our ride, I wish we had more time on our trip to take the bikes along the water and the park. It's a great way to tour the city and neighborhoods. I guess we'll just have to make another trip to Charleston.
In summary - I wish they had a Vendue Inn in every city. Perfect stay! Thank you all!

Room Tip: I loved our King Fireplace room on the top floor. Lots of windows overlooking the street.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Christina R
White Mountains
Reviewed December 10, 2012

In business its; Location, Location, Location. They have the perfect location. The waterfront is around the corner and great restaurants are just across the street. They call it an inn but it is really more like a Boutique Hotel. The hotel also reflects its location with a uniquely Charleston personality. More importantly Karen and I got engaged at the Hotel so it will always be special to us. Our room was boldly decorated and very comfortable. All of the staff went out of the way to please. I liked the bed time cookies in the lobby.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Northern Wisconsin
Reviewed December 8, 2012

This is "old Charleston" in every sense, so if you're looking for modern sleekness, look elsewhere. My wife and I were thoroughly pleased with the experience from the friendly, helpful staff to the spacious "standard" King bed room. The wine pours at the afternoon receptions were especially generous - and very good. The Library restaurant was an exceptional place for breakfast. The location is great, with many terrific restaurants very nearby.We would love to stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We have stayed at the Vendue inn twice, once a couple years ago and most recently 12/2012.
They go over the top to make you feel special. We love the full breakfast and the afternoon, wine and cheese. But our most favorite thing is access to those BIKES!!! We love to take the bikes and ride them all over town and we even use them at night and ride to see the older homes all lite up close to the battery!! I am a very picky traveler and these people really aim to please. We will continue to visit the Vendue Inn because we love the outstanding service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple