All reviews time share spiral staircase bluegreen owners bedroom loft high cotton restaurant bluegreen resorts great location valet parking within walking distance full kitchen cookies rainbow roll east bay street beautiful courtyard exposed brick historic district gas fireplace
Reviewed July 26, 2016

This historic building is in a wonderful location for downtown Charleston. The staff was all very helpful during our stay. We had 2- 1 BR units and they were both great. Was everything perfect in our hotel rooms, no, but I would expect that in a hotel that is in a very old historic building. The valet parking was nice and our car was brought to us whenever we needed it in a timely fashion. I would stay here again and look forward to doing just that!

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank Mike K
BluegreenCares, Manager at Lodge Alley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2016

Hello Mike K, Thank you for staying at The Lodge Alley Inn. We are thrilled our location was convenient for exploring the surrounding area. We appreciate your generous compliments regarding our accommodations and staff. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed July 16, 2016

My wife and I stayed here for a few days and had a fantastic experience.

Pros:
- Location, Location, Location! It's close to EVERYTHING.
- Excellent service. Every person from the desk person, concierge, bell, valet and room service was extremely friendly and above and beyond helpful.
- Atmosphere: nice rooms and great outdoor courtyard

Cons:
- No king-size beds
- No swimming pool
- Some rooms have an awkward shower/tub which is difficult to get in/out

The details: By far, this place has the friendliest and most helpful staff of any place that I've stayed at in a long time. I recently came off of knee surgery and so I was a very "needy" customer during my stay. We were able to easily switch to a room that was better suited to accommodate my limited mobility. The concierge had great recommendations for restaurants and activities in town and also helped coordinate an electric scooter rental so I could easily get around the downtown area. My trip would have been significantly less enjoyable without the scooter.

It was 96-98 degrees with high humidity during our stay, the bell and valet people were fast and attentive and made our experience comfortable. Kudos to them for working so hard in the extreme heat!

Evenings in the courtyard with the outdoor fountain was very peaceful; if table service was available it would have been perfect.

The hotel connects with the High Cotton restaurant, so you can get quick and easy access to a "gem" of a restaurant. See my review of the High Cotton.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joe C
BluegreenCares, Manager at Lodge Alley Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2016

Hello Joe C., Thank you for staying at The Lodge Alley Inn. We are delighted that you and your wife had a fantastic experience during your stay. We are happy to learn you enjoyed our location and that you also enjoyed our atmosphere. We are glad you found our service to be excellent, friendly and helpful. We are pleased that our staff was able to accommodate to your needs and that our concierge also provided you with great recommendations. We hope you will join us again soon!

Reviewed July 13, 2016

The Lodge Alley is a unique resort unlike any other timeshare that we have visited. The location makes it a superb option when traveling to Charleston. Everything we wanted was in walking distance except for our trip to Patriots Point. You get the condo setting with all the kitchen amenities in a downtown setting. My wife and I stayed in a one bedroom loft unit. The living area was huge with a couch and large dining table. The kitchen had full size appliances with ample area to work in. The spiral staircase was a little tricky to navigate with luggage as the bedroom was on the loft. Only drawback to the room was the only bathroom was upstairs also. The staff was very good and the grounds were beautiful. I would of rated the whole resort a little higher but more detail is needed to the fit and finish of the resort. Some sloppy painting, calk missing around tub and outdated appliances. They are doing work on units there so maybe ours was on the list to get re-worked. Overall a good stay and we will definitely go back.

Stayed: June 2016

Hello Poolside20, Thank you for staying at The Lodge Alley Inn. We are glad you found our resort to be unique and that you enjoyed our location. We are happy to hear you found your condo to be spacious and the kitchen to have full amenities. We are joyed to learn you felt our grounds were beautiful and that our staff was very good. We look forward to welcoming you back for your return!

Reviewed July 12, 2016 via mobile

We had a beautiful time there. We arrived early and the valets took our bags and made sure they were in our room when it was ready. The concierge was very nice and knowledgeable about the area and tours, everyone was fantastic and the room ( 1 bedroom with loft) was great! I would and will return.

Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family

Hello David Michele S., Thank you for staying at The Lodge Alley Inn. We are joyed to learn that you had a beautiful time with us. We are happy to hear our valet was attentive to your luggage and that our concierge was very nice and knowledgeable. We are glad you also felt your accommodations were great. We are delighted you wish to return and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed July 11, 2016

I stayed here for the weekend 7/9/16-7/10/16. We were originally supposed to stay until 7/11/16, but had to leave early due to an emergency. Due to our rush, we accidentally left a bag of makeup. I called back later that night (after noticing that I left it), only to be told to call back in the morning when the day shift arrived. I called around 9:00 the next morning, and I was quickly rushed off the phone and told that housekeeping had not found any bags in my room or turned anything in. I understand that it was my fault for leaving the bag, but I don't understand how we can invest so much money into vacationing with Bluegreen only to be fed lies about what happened to my makeup bag, with over $100 worth of brand new makeup....something doesn't add up. Though we only stayed one night, I had no complaints until I left, and due to the way in which my situation was handled. I do not appreciate untrustworthiness on the part of employees or the lack of empathy or acknowledgement. I WILL NOT BE STAYING HERE AGAIN. I'd much rather pay to stay somewhere else when I come to Charleston next time.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family

Hello Kamri W., Thank you for staying at The Lodge Alley Inn. We very much appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. We are dedicated to providing our guests with the highest quality customer service and aspire to do all we can to assist them in their needs. We would like to follow up regarding your concerns at your convenience. Please contact us at info@bluegreenvacations.com and reference your TripAdvisor.com User Name and review subject line. Thank you.