Kings Courtyard Inn
$319
  • Pool
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $384/night.

$212
$189
EmbassySuites.com
$219
$186
  • Pool
$239
  • Breakfast included
Town & Country Inn and Suites(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$119
$179
$159
Official Website
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $179/night.

Holiday Inn Express Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$109
Best Western Charleston Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$104
$98
All reviewscontinental breakfastking streetwine and cheesegreat locationfree sherryevening sherryfour poster bedconvenient parkinggas fireplacehistoric hoteltwo room suitewithin walking distanceyogurtother guestsmodern amenitieshistoric charlestonhappy hour
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We loved our stay at Kings Courtyard. We had a large, very clean room. We parked behind the hotel and walked all over the city. The breakfast was very enjoyable. We will stay again on our next visit. Come hungry because this city has the best food!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Didn't stay here on my recent visit but didn't write a review the last time we stayed so I thought I would let people know how quaint and charming Kings Courtyard Inn is! I came here on my honeymoon in 1989 loved it then and stayed again with my grandchildren last year. We had a family room which was one big room with two double beds. Would have loved a little separation but we made last minute reservations and this is all they had but it was a HUGE room. I love the history of this hotel and all the nooks and crannies and it is so unique! The breakfast is very fresh and the jams and jellies are homemade or locally made not from the local supermarket. I love the location on King Street walking distance to shopping and dining and Market Street. We didn't stay for the evening reception but wish we would have . I'm planning on visiting Charleston again this summer and I will stay here again this time. Been too long between visits and it really is special to me since I stayed here for my honeymoon almost 25 years ago! I love to walk by this hotel every time I visit Charleston and next time will stay here not someplace else!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
OwnerCharmingInns, Owner at Kings Courtyard Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stays at the Kings Courtyard Inn. Your repeat business is the greatest compliment we can receive, especially after 25 years! We are glad to hear that you found our inn fitting for family travel, as well as a romantic getaway. Our historic property is full of character and charm and we are so happy that you enjoyed it. We look forward to your visit this summer.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I recently stayed 3 nights at this property. The staff here is very service orientated. During our stay the only elevator broke down. This was an issue for me because our room was on the third floor and a disability makes it very difficult for me to navigate stairs. At my first enquiry about the expected timing for getting the elevator fixed I was immediately offered to be moved to a ground floor room. This proved invaluable because the elevator remained out of service for the remainder of our stay. I think true customer service is demonstrated when something out of the ordinary happens and this crew performs with excellence. The property location and the rooms themselves are very nice. We are clean freaks and found this a bit below our standard. A full breakfast in a lovely courtyard is included in the rate. Parking is convenient. One of the best perks to take advantage of is the $40 3-course dinner that they offer guests to dine at Circa 1886. It was an incredible meal at a great value.

Room Tip: The ground floor room was not as quiet as our 3rd floor room location.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review the Kings Courtyard Inn. It was a pleasure to have been able to make your stay a success. Our concierge team is always at your service to create the most memorable stay in our beautiful city. The location of our historic inn is a great amenity that our guests enjoy. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the 3 for $45 deal at our sister restaurant, Circa 1886. We look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I regularly stay at the Kings Courtyard Inn on business. The inn is very "Charleston" and the staff is very kind and helpful. A huge plus is that parking is behind the hotel and extremely convenient to the Market, The Battery and shopping on King Street. I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
OwnerCharmingInns, Owner at Kings Courtyard Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Kings Courtyard Inn. Your repeat stay with us is the greatest compliment we can receive. We are so happy that you enjoyed our central location and helpful staff. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. We look forward to hosting you on your future business trips to Charleston.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

I wanted to love this inn. It appeared to be dog-friendly (or at least dog-accepting), the people at reception were very nice and the location is absolutely ideal. But little things kept pushing it from "charmingly old" to "shabby". The building is old and the walls and windows leak sound: you can hear every conversation outside and every footfall above (we were on the ground floor). Breakfast is pedestrian; the offering is like something you'd get at a motel. Describing the aperture between two buildings as a "courtyard" is generous, as is calling the space in the back next to the parking lot a patio. Wi-fi is intermittent. The rooms are small, there are no drawers and the beds are only just okay. All in all, like a Southern lady whose charm has faded but still has expensive tastes.

Room Tip: If you have a dog, you're "stuck". If not, I'd go for a higher floor. Note, however, the elevator was out of service for two days.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
OwnerCharmingInns, Owner at Kings Courtyard Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear MollyMe,

Thank you for sharing your detailed review of the Kings Courtyard Inn. I am glad to hear you were pleased with the central location of our inn, as well as the service provided during your recent stay. We enjoy accommodating dogs, so I’m sorry to hear that you were displeased with the pet-friendly room. In an effort to provide convenience to pet owners, our dog-friendly rooms are located near the patio, with direct access to the outdoor areas. I’m also sorry that you were not satisfied with our complimentary continental breakfast, which includes freshly baked pastries, cereals, bagels, yogurt and fruit. Our nearby restaurant, Kitchen 208, offers breakfast daily, and is a great option for guests interested in a full breakfast. We appreciate your feedback, and hope that you choose to stay with us again in the future.