We stayed at the Kings Courtyard Inn last week. We found the staff to be friendly and very helpful.
The condition of the rooms; however, were in need of renovation and cleaning. The first room we occupied had crumbs covering the floor, blood stains on the bed linens, and a loud noise kept us up all night. We had our room changed the next night. When my husband was finishing his shower, the hot water knob fell off. We had to call the desk to have the water knob repaired. The toilet was not bolted to the floor and the base moved out of place every time we used it. The bathroom fixtures all need renovation. Paint was peeling around the windows.
The breakfast that is complimentary is very poor. We were served instant coffee. The cleanliness of the restaurant was terrible. The tables were sticky and there was an odor in the breakfast room. When the door to the kitchen opened, I could see a total disaster including garbage on the floor.
The prices were high for the conditions that guests have to endure at this hotel. i would not recommend this hotel to anyone and we will not stay there a second time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1853, Kings Courtyard Inn is one of downtown Charleston, South Carolina's most historic inns. Architect Francis D. Lee designed the three-story antebellum structure in the Greek revival style with unusual Egyptian detail. The building is one of King Street's largest and oldest structures, and has had many uses during its 150 year existence. The building has housed high quality shops, private residences and at one time, the upper floors served as hotel rooms for plantation owners, shipping interests and merchant guests. Kings Courtyard Inn is located in the heart of Charleston's historic district. The Inn maintains the residential atmosphere of lower King Street, and extreme care has been taken to ensure the necessary architectural and historic accuracy for which Charleston is famous. Each of the rooms has an individual distinction. All rooms feature oversized beds- some have canopied beds and fireplaces. Many rooms boast excellent views of the inn's interior courtyards. All hotel guests receive complimentary sherry on arrival and a morning newspaper delivered to the room. They also receive a continental breakfast served each morning in their room, the courtyards, or in the breakfast room. Kings Courtyard Inn is within easy walking distance of Charleston's historic homes, gardens, churches and only a block away from the City Market. Here, one may explore interesting shops or enjoy a delicious meal at one of the city's many delightful restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Kings Courtyard Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kings Courtyard Hotel Charleston
- Courtyard Hotel Charleston
- Courtyard Hotel Kings
- Courtyard Charleston
- Charleston Courtyard