We first stayed at the Kings Courtyard Inn in the summer of 2006 and just recently returned for a 2nd trip. We love this inn. The location couldn't be better. It's in the heart of downtown, but still very quiet and you can walk to pretty much anywhere you want to go. Our room was right next to the back entrance to the parking lot and we didn't have any issues with hearing other rooms around us. We're not morning people, so we enjoy being able to get breakfast brought to our room up until 9:30 or 10:00. The wine and cheese reception in the afternoons are nice. We got to meet other guests and they always had some good dip/crackers set out. That would be our appetizer before going out to dinner.
Our room was always very clean, with plenty of towels and quality toiletries. The courtyard areas are what really add to the charm of this hotel with their fountains and little tables to sit at and enjoy a cool drink. We stayed here during the week so our rate was very reasonable. Weekend rates are a little high.
We look forward to staying here again during our next visit to Charleston. (Maybe in another six years?)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1853, Kings Courtyard Inn is one of downtown Charleston, South Carolina's most historic inns. Architect Francis D. Lee designed the three-story antebellum structure in the Greek revival style with unusual Egyptian detail. The building is one of King Street's largest and oldest structures, and has had many uses during its 150 year existence. The building has housed high quality shops, private residences and at one time, the upper floors served as hotel rooms for plantation owners, shipping interests and merchant guests. Kings Courtyard Inn is located in the heart of Charleston's historic district. The Inn maintains the residential atmosphere of lower King Street, and extreme care has been taken to ensure the necessary architectural and historic accuracy for which Charleston is famous. Each of the rooms has an individual distinction. All rooms feature oversized beds- some have canopied beds and fireplaces. Many rooms boast excellent views of the inn's interior courtyards. All hotel guests receive complimentary sherry on arrival and a morning newspaper delivered to the room. They also receive a continental breakfast served each morning in their room, the courtyards, or in the breakfast room. Kings Courtyard Inn is within easy walking distance of Charleston's historic homes, gardens, churches and only a block away from the City Market. Here, one may explore interesting shops or enjoy a delicious meal at one of the city's many delightful restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Kings Courtyard Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kings Courtyard Hotel Charleston
- Courtyard Hotel Charleston
- Courtyard Hotel Kings
- Courtyard Charleston
- Charleston Courtyard