1,005 results
All reviews wine and cheese queen street great location parking garage across the street hot tub poogan's porch continental breakfast historic district breakfast delivered lovely courtyard each morning within walking distance walking tour crackers southern hospitality downtown charleston every evening
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed two nights at this cute place and loved it from start to finish. Both Gentlemen working front desk in day and evening were super friendly, and highly knowledgeable about Charleston. The housekeepers were very friendly and quite efficient at everything they did for the Inn. Room a bit small ( but we are used to a King bed) but so, so cute, we did not mind and it was extremely clean and tastefully decorated. Loved, the outdoor patio, the complimentary wine tastings with cheese and crackers, and in the morning the continental breakfast was enough to hold us over to lunch ( not too heavy so we could jaunt around the city!) The fireplace was in full force outside on patio this morning and it smelled sooooo good! reminded us of fall! Cannot say enough praise about this place, very quiet, and we loved Husk next door, so no walking far for dinner! Parking garage literally across the street from the Inn.

Date of stay: September 2019
EHI I, Front Office Manager at The Elliott House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your kind review about your recent stay with us. Matthew and Neal were the two gentlemen that were working at the front desk when you stayed. We are glad that they were able to help you discover Charleston. The wine and cheese reception is a great way to enjoy our spacious courtyard, and to meet guests from all over. We are located near a lot of wonderful restaurants, so you don't have to go to far to enjoy a fantastic meal. We look forward to welcoming you back to Charleston!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great customer service, late night easy check in, free room upgrade and bottle of wine. Newly renovated bathrooms were great. Overall great stay. Quiet, comfy beds, AC worked great, clean. Free breakfast is a nice to have but it really is a break fast (aka small pastry and a drink) so don’t expect a full meal.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
EHI I, Front Office Manager at The Elliott House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay with us. We appreciate you taking a moment out of your day to share with others you were wonderful experience. The staff goes out of their way to make sure that our guests are satisfied with their stay. The breakfast is small and light to get you up and going. We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in Charleston!

Reviewed September 8, 2019 via mobile

There are so many hotels in the downtown area to choose from but we chose The Elliott House Inn and could not be happier and more satisfied with our stay! The check in was easy, friendly, informative and fast. The courtyard was a wonderful place to sit for complimentary evening wine and cheese. The room was beautiful , bed very comfortable and so quiet. I love that breakfast is included and we had room service which was a great way to start our day. Mimosas and nice choices too! The location could not be better. Walking distance to Everything !We will absolutely stay here again.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
EHI I, Front Office Manager at The Elliott House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent stay. We are so glad that you enjoyed the property and that the service and amenities exceeded your expectations. Mimosas Saturday's are a special treat that we do every Saturday, from 9-11:00 AM. We look forward to welcoming you back to Charleston!

Reviewed September 4, 2019

This place was not what was expected. The pool that is pictured no longer exists. So don't plan on swimming in it. The doors were always pain to get into. Yes being an old building and surrounded by restaurants I guess you would have to expect bugs. Regardless I don't enjoy seeing large roaches run through my $300 hotel room. The location is great and the atmosphere is relaxing. The "complimentary" wine and cheese did help smooth things over.

Trip type: Traveled with family

I'm sorry that you did not fully enjoy your experience with us at the Inn. I wanted to address some of the issues that you had during your stay. We have not had a hot tub/ Jacuzzi for nearly five years, and this has been mentioned on every website possible. Palmetto Bugs, the large roaches, that you saw are native to the area. They come out during humid, hot and wet times of the year. We follow and go beyond state regulations to ensure that these native creatures do not disturb our guests. The same exterminator that services our property has been servicing, numerous hotels, restaurants and office buildings for over twenty-five years. These creatures are so embedded in our culture that the luxury jewelry stores saw Palmetto Bug charms. I'm glad to see that the wine and cheese reception was enjoyable, and that you enjoyed the location of the Inn. I'm sorry that did not meet and exceed your expectations, but hope that you give us a try again in the future.

Reviewed August 31, 2019 via mobile

Had extremely high hopes for my stay based on reviews and location. Hotel is pleasant with nice wine and cheese happy hour and limited free breakfast. Rooms are nice looking but terrible for an actual good night of sleep and just relaxing. Mattresses are the worst I've EVER slept on in my life - couldn't get a decent night sleep and endured excruciating back pain due to either old or cheap mattresses. Aside from that, the 2 chairs in room aren't ones you can relax in as their basically dining room chairs. Lastly, we had a couple of giant cockroaches scurrying around our room.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
EHI I, Front Office Manager at The Elliott House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2019

I want to start out by thanking you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us. I am happy to see that the location was great for you, and that you enjoyed a few of the amenities that we have to offer. It is unfortunate that you did not enjoy the bedding that was provided. Truly, the majority of guests like our bedding so much that they will ask where we purchased it, so they can have it for their own homes. The chairs and table in the room are meant to enjoy the complimentary breakfast that we provide our guests. The giant roaches that you saw are Palmetto Bugs. Palmetto Bugs are native to Charleston and come out when it is hot, humid and wet conditions. It has nothing to do with how clean the rooms are. You could have been staying at a brand new luxury hotel and would have seen them. Considering there has been plenty of rain over the last few days,there may have been one in the room. While we never intend our guests to see these native creatures we do our best to ensure that we meet and exceed all guidelines set aside by the State of South Carolina. The pest control professional that services our Inn, has been highly touted local servicemen for almost thirty years.

Lastly, I am sorry that you had to endure two days of excruciating back pain. I wish that you would have asked if you could leave find another hotel during your stay, so that way you could have truly enjoyed Charleston. While we never want to loose a guest, it is more important that you enjoy not only where you are staying but the city you are visiting. For future and potential guests, if we are not meeting your expectations please ask one of the agents if you can leave.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay. While I wish every guest that stayed with us we leave us five-star reviews, I understand that is impossible.

Please feel free to reach-out to me if I can help you out in the future.