“Elliott House Inn” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #32 of 60 Hotels in Charleston
fox lake, il
“Elliott House Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Friendly people, immaculate room, delicious breakfast brought to our room-we will be back!! Loved the courtyard & Jacuzzi. Wine tasting in the evening. It was located within walking distance to a lot of the things we wanted to see. We found the Elliott House Inn on Tripadvisor and the reviews were what made us choose it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMofEHI, Manager at Elliott House Inn, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
We appreciate you staying with us! The wine, Jacuzzi and well-appointed courtyard can’t be beat. I’m especially happy to read that our Trip Advisor page is what brought you to our property! Our staff takes great pride in our property and I’m pleased to read we met your expectations. Come back and visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I give this place an average ranking because I think there are better options for the $$. This was my second visit to Charleston and 2nd time staying at a B&B. My room was on the first floor so I could hear the people above me. The room was nicely furnished. Love the 4 poster Queen size bed. However, the room was not well illuminated. Maybe it was on purpose, but I kept wanting to switch on more lights. Breakfast is provided, but very basic. I ate out instead. The courtyard isn't anything fancy, but they do have table and chairs and refreshments are served. You're on your own with parking. There really isn't anywhere to pull up and park in front of the hotel so I parked a blocked away. The location, however, is perfect. Everything's within walking distance. I parked at a meter and only moved my car to drive over to Sullivan's Island for the day. Overall, good place to stay if location is most important. But compared to John Rutledge Inn, you can get more bang for your buck.

Room Tip: Rooms have hardwood floors. Avoid first floor rooms if you don't want to hear people above you.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank cody1949
GMofEHI, Manager at Elliott House Inn, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
I appreciate you taking the to review your current stay with us. I’m saddened to see that we may have fallen short on what you expected the property to be. I’m very sorry. I understand that sometimes we are not a good fit for every guest that comes to visit Charleston. I hope that you would give us another try when visiting Charleston again. We really are a unique property with a great team of folks to help you during your stay with us.
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Celebrated birthday with an in town stay. Neat small tucked away B&B near the market and shops in Charleston. Nicely appointed rooms and all was well. Loved it. Perfect for anniversary stay over as it has a romantic appeal from the courtyard to the four poster high beds. Internet free and works. Reasonable for downtown in CHS especially given its charm.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Acieu A
Thank you so much for spending your vacation with us! I’m pleased to see that we met your expectations. Please come back again, we would love to you stay with us again in the near future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

A great place to stay in Charleston! I was a little leery coming here after reading some reviews from tripadvisor.com, but this place is perfect. Do you get a great view when you look out your window? No, but you can't beat the price; especially staying downtown. Everything is within walking distance, and the free Charleston trolley has a stop a block away. The parking is unfortunate, but you'll get the same at any hotel down here. The rooms have clean linens, comfortable bed, nice bathroom, and friendly staff. The rooms are "small", but there is plenty to do in Charleston rain or shine so there's no excuse to be sitting inside anyways. This was our first time in Charleston and we will definitely be back to the Elliot House Inn.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Ryan S
GMofEHI, Manager at Elliott House Inn, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
We are so pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us! With free trolley bus pick up just one block away and all the sights right outside our doorstep, our location can’t be beat! We appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I’m excited to see that you’ll be back again – we would love to have you!!
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

First trip to Charleston.... and the Inn met expectations on period charm. The room was very clean & comfortable,(the bathroom was nicely updated. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The only negative because we booked last minute) was we stayed at street level in a street facing room so we had noise from the restaurant next door until very late and the delivery and garbage truck noise starts up around 6:30am. I would stay again, but book early and request a room further away from the street.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kelly A
GMofEHI, Manager at Elliott House Inn, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Elliott House Inn. I’m sorry that the early morning traffic woke you up. Like you mentioned, we just had limited space left at the time when you booked the reservation, so we did not have any options to move you further away from the street. I’m glad that you were able to enjoy your experience here not only in Charleston, but with us at The Elliott House Inn. The next time you stay with us, we will do our best to put you in a room a little further away from the noise. Thank you so much for complementing the staff, and telling others how much you enjoyed your stay.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Nicely surprised with this quaint little inn. Love that it was conveniently located. Very clean and hospitable. Enjoyed the court yard area for both the wine & cheese and breakfast. Also thought the bottle of champagne was a "nice touch" upon arrival (we had a Low Country Getaway Package). This package also included a carriage ride (a must!) and $75 towards dinner at 82 Queen Street. Well worth the cost. Highly recommend this Inn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your recent stay in Charleston at The Elliott House Inn. The Lowcountry Getaway is a fantastic package that has accommodations for both Savannah and Charleston. While you are staying at The Elliott House Inn the package includes a dinner at 82 Queen, which is a fantastic dinning establishment next door and a public carriage tour around the city, which gives you an overview of Charleston’s past. We hope to see you again the next time you are passing through Charleston. Once again, thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us.
Simpsonville, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

My experience truly started the moment I phoned to make reservations...the fellow I spoke with was super helpful, friendly and most accommodating! Since it had been a few years since I had stayed at the Inn, I had a ton of questions!

I love the charming courtyard! It is a beautiful spot to enjoy the afternoon wine reception the the Inn provides, and it is most wonderful in the morning while you drink your coffee and enjoy breakfast! Protected from the hustle and bustle of the vibrant city, yet steps away at the same time!

Cordial and welcoming staff, period-style room decor with modern bath and digital conveniences! Wonderful location within walking distance to most everything I had to do!

Returning next month...and I'm looking forward to my upcoming visit already!

Room Tip: When traveling with a spouse or special someone, book a King -- the Queen was more than adequate for...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your kind words about your stay. Neal was the gentlemen that answered the phone when you called, and I’m so glad he was able to answer all of your questions. We have a fantastic team working for us. The location is great because you can walk everywhere that you need to go. We look forward to seeing you again shortly, and are so excited that you are coming back to see us!!