“Excellant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Glass Onion

The Glass Onion
Ranked #35 of 898 Restaurants in Charleston
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Parkwood / Farmfield
Description: The Glass Onion is one of Charleston’s original home grown, locally focused, all-natural restaurants. Owner and Executive Chef Chris Stewart opened the restaurant in 2008 with fellow culinary colleagues. It was one of the first places in town to support local farmers and purveyors with almost every dish and drink. An eighth generation Alabama native, Stewart’s love and appreciation of southern food shows through his menu. His restaurant boasts comfort food that reflects his time growing up in Alabama, as well as New Orleans and Lowcountry influences. The ever-evolving menu changes daily and features as many local, all natural, hormone-free ingredients as possible. The soulful food draws influence from Stewart’s southern heritage and family recipes, especially from his grandmother Jennie Ruth; and is available for lunch, dinner and Saturday brunch.
“Excellant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

OMG luckily our cab driver mentioned this place as we drove by. He said it was on the TV show diners and drive inns. I had the fish dish called sheepshead and my husband had pork chops. They both where awesome. We ordered bread pudding for dessert and it was ok. The atmosphere is very relaxing. The staff are awesome.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Sharon N

Aiken, South Carolina
“Great Food, Fantastic Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

My husband saw this restaurant on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives and we went for my birthday.The menu features all local and fresh meats and vegetables, great beer list too. The special my husband ordered that evening was so good as was the Sheepshead fish dish that I ordered. My husband also had the beet salad which he thoroughly enjoyed. The server was as sweet as can be, attentive and friendly. We will be back!

1 Thank EllieJJ
Fordyce, Arkansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

This was my 2nd visit. The food is delicious!! I had the shrimp & grits & my husband had quail with collard greens. Finished the meal with bread pudding!!!
YUMMY:) This restaurant will be on our list of must on all our Charleston visits.
Clay & Angie Adams
Arkansas

1 Thank Angie A
“FANTASTIC food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

A group of 6 of us happened in tonight & what a great dinner we had! The Cheshire Pork Bolognaise with Hand Cut Pasta was SO tasty! Others tried SC Shrimp with Benton Bacon & Creamed Greens over Grits, Garden Salad, Shells & Cheese & French Fries with Bearnaise (free with pitcher of beer!)...all was really enjoyed. The "world famous bread pudding" WAS especially tasty with it being so moist & whiskey sauce. We all agreed, we'll be back!

1 Thank horseycu
North Carolina
“Have to bring my wife the next time.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

Don't past this place by the outside. It is the inside that counts. The staff is so great, I hated to leave. I had the fried oyster salad and mustard greens. The bread pudding is not to sweet, just right. The other plates I saw looked great and smell great when thay went by me. The staff helped me with directions with a map. NIce folks.