“Something different, and very fun, for the holidays!”

Thriller Charleston - High Speed Tour Boat
More attraction details
Owner description: Thriller is rocking the boat with a 1 hour and approximately 30 mile tour. See the sites of Charleston along with 5 forts and 2 lighthouses while on your way to an up close view of Morris Island Lighthouse. Live narration and rock tunes on a 43-passenger hi-speed power catamaran will surely put a smile on your face.
South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Something different, and very fun, for the holidays!”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We were looking for something different from the usual holiday outlings, and Sleigh Ride delivered! The captain did a great job creating an exciting, but comfortable ride. Seeing historic Charleston from the water was something very special! We passed by decorated boats, saw wildlife and beautiful homes. What a fun way to enjoy the holiday season!

1 Thank PortCityTraveler

Charleston, South Carolina, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Had a blast!!”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I took my daughter on the sleigh ride the other night and we had a great time. It was beautiful and a very comfortable ride. We thought the music was so much fun and went so well with the tour. This is the south so our history is what it is, and I thought it was interesting. Our Captain and tour guide did a great job. Loved the lights, houses, sunset, birds, boats, bridge, tour, and music. We had a BLAST!!!!!

1 Thank Nancy W
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“Great Family Fun”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We did the sleigh ride, and had a great time. Weather was beautiful, and the history of "Christmas in Charleston" was very informative and interesting. It was very kid friendly, we took our daughter, and she had a great time. The captain was very courteous and careful, and the mate was helpful and friendly. If you have small children, the sleigh ride is very tamed, and is a nice family outing.

Georgia
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“sleigh ride is awful”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

ok I will start by describing the audience - about 15 people including 4 under the age of six and 3 over the age of 65, all caucasian. We weren't asking for much for $45 - just a little christmas music and a few christmas lights. Did you know that marilyn manson and lil' kim do christmas songs? I didn't either until this trip. The history was being (very obviously) read from a book by some blonde kid, we got two short segments on charleston, about four on drinking alcohol in charleston and about ten were african american history month, which I don't mind a little of, but it was at least half of the presentation. Regretfully, while our "history lesson" was being fumbled through, the music was paused, we didn't even get to skip through manson christmas for our pain. The trip ended with the reader telling us that at new years all the slaves got separated from their families and sent to other plantations. He even said (laughingly) that he was sorry to end on a bad note, too bad the entire trip was a bad note. I didn't rate this a one because it was so horrible my husband and I were finally just giggling hysterically. My advice to the tour operator: skip the blonde kid entirely, revamp the history utterly and give us christmas songs that we actually know. What a bummer of a way to spend $80

1 Thank GeorgiaTravelingirl
CharlestonBoater, Owner at Thriller Charleston - High Speed Tour Boat, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Wow, you really didn't like the tour. I'm sorry if our choice of Christmas music wasn't your taste. I chose all songs from the Very Special Christmas album that came out in 1987 to benefit the Special Olympics. I also chose Elvis and Trans Siberian Orchestra songs. If you are a traditionalist, then the renditions of Christmas songs by the rock stars of that era won't appeal to you. I like the tour information that we share with our riders. The information about the slaves and how they spent their Christmas holiday has always been received well with our other riders the past 4 years and I will be keeping it. I will, however, take your suggestion about Separation Day and change the ending of the tour. As for our blond guy, he worked for me over the summer and is home from college on break. That was his first sleigh ride tour and apparently fell short on his presentation of the information. I am sorry about that and I will work with him to improve his performance. Mark and I wish you and your husband a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Texas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Exhilarating!”
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

One of the most exciting rides I've taken in a long time! When the boat picks up speed - wow! Be prepared to get wet - head to toe. If you have anything that you din't want to get wet - put it in a ziploc bag, or leave it in your trunk. And, if you're traveling, plan your stay so that you're close to your hotel after the ride. You'll definitely want to clean up to get the salt water off. Don't do like I did, and have to drive 4 hours to your next hotel. The only thing that would have been better: the rock music should be louder. I couldn't hear it when the boat was going fast. But, great fun overall!