“Split decision but great service”
Review of Toast Restaurant

Toast Restaurant
Ranked #119 of 968 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We passed this place on Meeting St. and saw that for lunch they had a Mushroom Swiss Burger with Fries for $6.99 so we went there for lunch. Yony was our waiter and was very good. Hubby got the burger and I went with the Shrimp and Grits..when in Charleston and all that. The burger was not quite as hot as it should be but he thought it was good. Mine was hot enough, but for something that should have sausage and shrimp, the protein offering was VERY minimal. There were 4 shrimp and only 1 small scrap of sausage. The peppers and onions were abundant and I like them, but I was disappointed. The biscuit that came with it was huge and delicious, and all around us there were wonderful breakfast platters being consumed. I just picked the wrong dish, I guess. People seemed to be very happy in general and there were LOTS of people. Get there early.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,670)

Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Yony was an outstanding server. Very knowledgable and kind! I would return just for his service! He was attentive and made sure that all of our needs were met. Even with a difficult nearby table he kept his composure and was beyond professional.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

My husband had eggs meeting street and it was wonderful! Our waitress Beth Tully was great! If you get her listen to her advice. Great service, great food and a highlight of our trip. Don't let the line discourage you. They move them through in record time!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Be prepared to wait during busy times because this place seems to be popular. Even if it's hot out, you'll have to wait outside as there is no waiting area inside. We've eaten here three times, once for breakfast and twice for lunch. You can't go wrong eating here. I simply adore their crab cake sandwich. It's huge so I should have split it with someone. The wait staff are always friendly and our waiter was especially attentive to our needs. He anticipated every need so we never had to ask for a thing. It's worth a stop when you need to refuel from all of your Charleston walking.

Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

We had waited on our last trip but ran out of time so had decided on this trip to Charleston we HAD to eat here! Definitely worth the wait!!! From our hostess Sharon to our server Sandy, we had an awesome experience! The food was amazing!!!! The staff was superb!!!! We will definitely be back on our next visit!