“Great biscuits”

Toast Restaurant
Ranked #118 of 971 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We had a fried green tomato Benedict style egg that was scrumptious. This was the first indication that healthy eating was thrown out the window on our trip to Charleston. And the hand made biscuits. OMG. I still think it was the best thing I've ever eaten.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,703)

Reviewed May 25, 2014

I don't know, but it was part of our motel and we loved it! Even my pescatarian partner found dishes she liked.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

My husband and I ended our four day stay in Charleston with breakfast at Toast. We had to wait about 20 minutes but it was certainly worth it. All the waitresses (who were older women ~ love that!) wore different, silly hats. Our waitress, Mary, was super friendly and very efficient. We both had the bacon infused Bloody Mary's (requested extra spicy) and without a doubt it's one of the BEST Bloody Mary's I have ever had! We both had the Eggs Meeting Street which is a fried green tomato topped with a crab cake, poached egg and Lowcountry remoulade sauce, served with biscuit & home fries or grits. We both had the biscuit which again was one of the BEST biscuit's I've ever tasted. Really light, great flavor and big.
This was a fun place to have breakfast, the service was excellent and the food ~ just yummy. Make sure you stop in and have breakfast there the next time you find yourself in Charleston.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

This restaurant it the place to go for a Great breakfast. Mary, our server made the experience even better. We will definitely go back the next time we visit Charleston.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Breakfast is the easiest meal for any restaurant to prepare. And most diners and breakfast restaurants make it OK. Toast's breakfast is good. It should be for the price. For $8.99 I had a slice of Country Ham, 2 eggs, a biscuit and grits. But the real kicker was the cup of coffee. $3.00 is a little outrageous for plain, ordinary coffee. I wasn't seated in a fine dining restaurant. I was sitting at a worn looking wooden table watching traffic go by outside and feeling the vibes each time a bus passed. Top that by no one on staff taking a moment apart from gossiping among themselves to say "good bye, " or "have a good day." Its a NOPE.