“Best Bloody Mary EVER!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Toast Restaurant

Toast Restaurant
Ranked #68 of 895 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Orwigsburg, Pennsylvania
“Best Bloody Mary EVER!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

Their bloody mary's made it worth the very long wait!!! Food was very good and service was excellent. Very glad we heard about it from friends and checked it out! Snookie was wonderful!

• Visited February 2014

Boston, Massachusetts
“Eggs Meeting St - One of the Best Bfast Meals I Have Ever Had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

The moment I walked in the door we were greeted by a nice and welcoming hostess. We were sat immediately despite the fact that the place was packed. We sat down and soon after was greeted by YONY. Super nice guy, very accommodating, knew the menu extremely well, and even let my girlfriend sample the oatmeal to see if she liked it. He gave us his top recommendations which we ended up ordering, and both were fantastic. The french toast along with the Eggs meeting st were 2 of the best breakfast meals myself and my girlfriend had the pleasure of eating. This place has amazing food and a very competitive price, nice atmosphere and our waiter YONY was one of the nicest and most helpful waiters we have ever had.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“I smell a rat... + reviews don't come close to reflecting our experience!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

The only good thing about Toast was the waitress. My husband and I had breakfast at Toast for our last morning of a 4-day getaway in Charleston. It was a Wednesday morning, and we dropped in based on the outstanding reviews here. I ordered the well-advertised NY Times French Toast. It was a humongous end-cut hunk of fresh baked bread slapped on a plate with no garnish, with a hardly visible amount of a tasteless peach cornstarch sauce on top. It looked like a big torpedo rising up from the plate! When I asked the waitress what to do with it, she said that most people cut it open. With difficulty (it was very large and unwieldy), I did that. Inside I found 3-4 thin peach slices. There was no syrup or additional sauce served with it. When the waitress saw the look on my face, she asked if I'd like something different. I ordered the Eggs Benedict, and asked only that the eggs not be liquid. They came hard cooked and very dry with too little Hollandaise. My husband ordered an omelet, and said Dennys' are better. The coffee was lousy. The back of the unpadded wood booth in which I sat was loose, so I felt every movement of the guy on the other side. There is no way that the many, many excellent reviews here came from people other than insiders and/or paid reviewers.

1 Thank sydeee
Charleston, South Carolina
“Really disappointing!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Always see long lines for Toast and assumed that the food was above par. Boy was I shocked when I was extremely disappointed and truly underwhelmed. Don't know why people line up to eat here, it is less than marginal. However, haven't found a great breakfast spot in Chalreston, yet. This is something that is really lacking in Charleston, given all of the amazing restaurants in town.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great brunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Mary was a 5 star waitress and our experience was excellent! We were in Charleston for a short mini-moon after our wedding and Toast treated us to complimentary dessert following our delicious brunch! We'll be back next time we're in charleston! Yum!