“Nice lunch” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Toast Restaurant

Toast Restaurant
Ranked #68 of 895 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Opelika, Ala.
“Nice lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Dropped in for a nice lunch. Food and service was good. Reasonable priced. Not fancy but a nice atmosphere.

Atlanta, GA
“Authentic Charleston Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I came one morning while we were visiting a friend. We were told there would be a line out of the door and man, was there! But I always take that as a good sign. This place is well known with locals as well as visitors.

We did wait an hour outside for breakfast, but it was worth it.

The menu is outstanding and is authentic as Lowcountry cuisine comes (from myself, a Lowcountry native). The service and food was outstanding. We both had the crab cake egg benedict. Shari, the general manager took good care of us.

I highly recommend you eat here, and come early for breakfast if it's a weekend.

Atlanta, Georgia
“AMAZING!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I were in Charleston for two nights and ate breakfast here both mornings... Our servers were both absolutely amazing, incredibly nice. And the general manager, Mrs. Sharon, was the BEST... At the end of our trip, we were hugging her and saying our goodbyes. Until next time, of course.

The food was great... Omelets, grits, home fries, and literally the best biscuits we've ever had. And the lattes are perfection, too!

EAT HERE!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“My "brunch spot" search is finally over!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I had the pleasure of trying Toast with my family this morning and it was FANTASTIC! I started with the Bacon Bloody Mary, with their in-house bacon-infused vodka, that came with a bacon wrapped queen stuffed olive, and it was dangerously delicious. We were a large group, so we got a double Deluxe Stuffed French Toast to share as a start. It was amazing! Huge slices of bread stuffed with fresh peaches and apples, topped with warm syrup, that's not too sweet or too rich. Everyone was fighting over the last piece. For my actual meal, I had the Eggs Meeting Street. Words cannot describe how mouth wateringly delectable those were. Poached eggs on a huge crab cake, which had just enough filler, over a fried green tomato. All topped with a slightly sweet cajun remoulade. Throw in the home fries and a made from scratch biscuit as big as my hand and I was in Heaven. Our server, Connie, was a delight. She provided us with ample information and entertainment as we enjoyed the atmosphere. The menu is reasonably priced especially for the portions. All in all, I'd say I have found a new favorite brunch spot in Charleston.

Little Rock, AR
“Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

We were staying at a hotel with a free breakfast that was OK but we decided to splurge one day and went here. Absolutely loved it! Each had something different, each was pleased with the decision. We even decided it was worth a second splurge the next day. GET THE BISCUIT. No matter what else you order, get a biscuit. Cannot express enough how yummy it was. Service was great both days as well. Remember Snooky was the first day and feel bad as I don't remember the lady's name the second but again, both days were fantastic.