“So glad we tried this place while visiting Charleston!”
Review of Toast Restaurant

Toast Restaurant
Ranked #69 of 940 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We came to Toast on the recommendation from a friend that lives in Charleston. Parking was a bit difficult, but other than that our experience was perfect! I ordered the eggs meeting street and a skinny vanilla late... OMG!! It was amazing! My boyfriend ordered the classic breakfast.. Boring if you ask me, but it did look delicious and he loved it. Our server Mary was so nice and the service was 5 star. Oh yea, our food was ready I less than 5 mins! I would definitely recommend Toast!

1  Thank Nuffin_33
Write a ReviewReviews (5,493)

Reviewed February 14, 2013

There are often "must eat at" restaurants in towns you haven't visited before and Toast appears to be one of them. Unfortunately its reputation is not deserved. If you love large plates of fried food accompanied by biscuits the size of man-hole covers, and about as tasty, then this place is for you. The breakfast place with the endless mimosas is a hot-spot in Charleston and there is always a wait, usually outside on the sidewalk. After fifteen minutes we were seated and then watched as our waitress tried to sell her pottery wares to a couple who had paid their bill and were trapped by her sales pitch. We waited and waited for her to finish, and when I asked another waitress if we could get coffee, she kindly nudged our server into action. When we finally got in our order the food came quickly enough; too bad that we left most of it on the plate.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

After having breakfast at Toast last year, had to return during our trip south again. Fabulous menu and excellent service ... Deborah is the best. Wish we had the time and energy for the bottomless mimosas. We'll be back.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Toast has a wonderful menu for breakfast. High quality bacon, huge biscuits, sausage gravy that is just right. My only complaint for this visit was that my gravy was not warm enough even after I asked for it to be reheated. Service is attentive and friendly. Will be back during my next visit to Charleston.

Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Had the meeting street Benedict's & was soooooo yummy. Best biscuit ever came with the dish. The endless mimosas apparently had the table if idiot boys next to us ripped. That sort if killed the joy of the brunch, but this was not the restaurant's fault. I would definitely visit this place again.