“Excellent!”

Toast Restaurant
Ranked #119 of 967 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Fantastic dishes, excellent service! The french toast was incredible, and the desserts to die for. Highly recommend!

Write a ReviewReviews (5,661)

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Deborah was our server she was fantastic! I had an omelette with grits and a buttery biscuit the size of my head! The apple butter was too die for! My hubby had the classic breakfast with home fries and a biscuit with gravy and licked his plate clean! Will definitely recommend and come back!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Happened upon this restaurant while downtown and was glad -- it has a nice local feeling. Good food - the fish was excellent as lightly breaded. The staff was very friendly and seemed to know everyone coming in and out. Definitely a nice break from chains.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We happened upon Toast on a Friday while trying to find a place for brunch/lunch that was close to the antique shopping area in Charleston. My husband opted for a Southern-style breakfast and I had a salad. The food was wonderful, especially the biscuits and home-made pumpkin and apple butters, the ambiance is warm and cozy and the staff was very friendly and responsive. Special recognition goes to Sharon Homann, the manager, who makes certain every diner feels well taken care of. Toast is clearly very popular for its brunch, as we discovered when we passed the next day (Saturday) and saw a long line waiting to be seated, but the food is worth the wait. We'd recommend it to anyone visiting Charleston.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I went to Toast for breakfast and it was the best!! Be sure to try the Apple Stuffed French Toast!!! The General Manager was very accomodating and sweet!! We had the BEST waiter, I believe his name was David, who was the best waiter I have ever had. SO TOAST TO TOAST!! It is a place I stop and will continue to stop every time I am in Charleston!