“Really Quite Amazing 😉 ”
Review of Le Farfalle

Le Farfalle
Ranked #84 of 1,009 Restaurants in Charleston
Description: 'Le Farfalle' means to chase unattainable dreams like a butterfly. That is exactly what the owners of this regional Italian restaurant do on a daily basis. Always striving for perfection and trying to make each and every experience better than the last. The menu at Le Farfalle will change with the seasons as well as stay true to locally sourced ingredients. The pastas will be made in house daily and always prepared to let the ingredients speak for themselves.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This restaurant has really done a wonderful job of pulling together some regional Italian flavors and textures into a light and airy updated earthy atmosphere. From the first greeting by almost the entires staff, the Bartender as well as the Servers and Expos...all professional and knowledgeable and very pleasant without being overly cheerful. House red by the glass Happy Hour was more than adequate. Whipped Ricotta with Honey for dipping bread a great touch to a Ceasar Salad with just the right amount of dressing and anchovies requested on the side. The star of the show is the food including home made pastas such as an toasted Angel Hair, with Blue Crab cream sauce, Porcini Mushrooms topped off with garlic bread crumbs. No room for dessert, but maybe next time. Highly recommend!! We will return soon!

Date of visit: January 2020
932caitlint, Owner at Le Farfalle, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for joining us, and for taking the time to leave such a lovely review. We do hope to see you again soon for some sweets!

Write a reviewReviews (321)

Reviewed January 18, 2020

I went to Charleston to visit an old friend and we stayed for three nights eating out every lunch and dinner. This stop was our favorite. It was restaurant week so we each got to sample quite a bit and we shared everything.

Rosemary focaccia bread -- amazing. I don't usually love focaccia but I loved this.
Fusilli lunghi -- awesome. It's rich but sooo good. Might have been my favorite.
Pork Meatballs -- best I've ever had. I wasn't excited when my friend ordered this but I would have loved it as my whole meal.
Mezze maniche which is sweet potato and mushrooms -- great. Perfect blend of ingredients.

I highly recommend this place and will search it out if I come back.

Date of visit: January 2020

Awe! Thank you so much for all of your kind words Lori! We are so glad that you had a great time and hope that you had a blast visiting Charleston. See you on a return trip!

Reviewed January 13, 2020

This place is immaculate! So many employees asking you if everything is okay. I believe the manager was the one we spoke with and was really nice. If you are looking for a romantic place this is it. Best Italian food in the area. My husband and I both could not finish the food because they gave us so much which was nice to have it for a midnight snack. Absolutely wonderful!!

Date of visit: December 2019

I am so glad that you did enjoy your time with us. We appreciate you for taking the time to leave such kind words. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed January 4, 2020

We did our fair share of eating while in Charleston, 167Raw, 5 Church, Husk, Grocery, Eli's Table and Le Farfalle exceeded all our expectations. Aside from the fantastic meal, the service was amazing. Don't skip the chocolate granache cake even if you are full- and you will be.

Date of visit: December 2019
932caitlint, Owner at Le Farfalle, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2020

Thank you for the review, Sparkles!
We appreciate you for taking the time and we're so glad you enjoyed yourself. We hope to see you again on a return trip to the low country. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed January 3, 2020

We had a lovely meal here before Christmas! The food was absolutely delicious (you MUST try their focaccia - among the best I have ever had) and the service was top notch. We could tell a lot of locals were there so that is always a good sign. We didn't have a reservation but we called ahead and they told us if we showed up right when they opened that they would try to squeeze us in - so we were lucky to get a table!

We also thought the restaurant itself was gorgeously done and very warm. The staff was friendly as well. A definite hit!

Date of visit: December 2019

Thank you so much for leaving this lovely review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your holiday in Charleston and thank you for making Le Farfalle a part of that. We hope to see you again on a return trip! Cheers,