“great breakfast!”
Review of Virginia's on King

Virginia's on King
Reserve with OpenTable
Virginia's on King is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #81 of 916 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Established in December of 2007, Virginia’s on King is the third restaurant concept of the Holy City Hospitality group. A collection of family recipes and Southern cooking traditions, this Lowcountry dining spot specializes in upscale Southern cuisine prepared with the freshest, local ingredients. The classic Charleston influenced interior and the aromas of home cooking inspire all of the comforts of a traditional Southern kitchen. At the heart of Virginia’s you will find gracious hospitality along with all of the flavors of the Lowcountry.The Upstairs at Virginia’s dining room is completely separated from the downstairs dining room. Purposely designed to host small receptions, corporate events, rehearsal dinners and ideal for bridal luncheons! Classic Charleston influenced interior and the aromas of home cooking inspire all of the comforts of a traditional Southern kitchen, the perfect setting for hosting any event. At the heart of Virginia’s you will find gracious hospitality along with all of the flavors of the Lowcountry.
CT
“great breakfast!”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I had breakfast with a friend here, and the service was friendly and timely. The food was very, very good--fresh and homemade.

• Visited November 2013

Lindenhurst
“Charleston Trip”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Virginia's is yet another restaurant I was Pleasantly surprised with, actually we didn't have One Bad meal in all of the Restaurants in Charleston.
Friendly atmosphere and surrounded by restaurants on King Street.
Frienly waitress service food was very tasty.

Visited October 2013
Ashland, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pleasantly Surprised!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Just came home to KY from a trip to Charleston, S.C. where my Sister, Nephew, and I explored to our heart's content the interesting week we were there. Having our fill of SC's fine sea food, we were enticed into Virginia's on King by the posted menu's promise of southern home cooking. I had their chicken and dumplings with roasted onion, celery and carrots. The dish was served in a large soup bowl as the main ingredients were surrounded by a flavorful thickened broth. The small disks of biscuit-type dumpling dough were quite tender, yet a little chewy...just as I like them to be. The chicken breast meat included was properly braised to produced a tender, juicy product. I was more than content with my choice for the inexpensive meal. The serving size was more than I could hold and I was so full I regretfully had to forego dessert. My Sister and Nephew both enjoyed country-fried steak and brown gravy with mashed potatoes and creamed corn. They both stated they loved their meals. The steak was a breaded and fried New York strip steak that was very tender. My Sister told me it was the best country-fried steak she had ever eaten. Both Nephew and Sister complimented the creamed corn, saying it was by far the tastiest they had ever experienced. Again, these dinners were inexpensive, the serving sizes larger than average. While there, we were served small squares of Virginia's cornbread. It was flecked with green and was quite tasty. I ventured to ask our friendly, competent server about the green content, and he was glad to tell me that it happened to be broccoli. Who would ever have thought to include broccoli in cornbread? He also volunteered that the "secret" ingredient to the moistness of the bread was cottage cheese! It may take some experimenting, but I plan to try to duplicate this delicious recipe in my own kitchen to share with family and friends. Just thinking about the dish has me itching to get baking. Try quaint Virginia's on King when you are in the area. You, and your wallet, will be most pleased.

Denver, Colorado
“RIDONKULOUS!!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

If you are in Charleaton, you MUST eat at Virginia's. It's like going to your grandma's for Sunday dinner, but would blow anything your grandma made out of the water. Service is great, everyone is really nice and sweet. Love love love everything about this place!!

Lincoln, Nebraska
“Pleasant Experience at Virginia's on King”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My dinner at Virginia's on King was a good experience. I had crab stuffed mushrooms for an appetizer. When the mushrooms were first brought out, I was surprised to only see three of them. However, they were large and generously stuffed to the point that three of them were actually a good amount. For my meal I had the crabcakes. They were good as were the sides that came with the meal. The service was good as well. While Virginia's didn't "wow" me, it seems like a place that consistently provides guests with "comfort foods" from the area and for that reason I would eat here again if I ever find myself back in Charleston.