“Lovely”

and up
Historic Magnolia Plantation Tour with Transportation
Ranked #16 of 244 things to do in Charleston
More attraction details
Owner description: South Carolina's Most Visited Plantation and Gardens. National Registry of Historic Places. Ancient Oak Avenue. Tours full of History. World Famous Gardens of the 19th Century "Romantic Style". Selected by Travel + Leisure (2014) as the only South Carolina garden deemed one of "America's Most Beautiful Gardens". Reconstruction Period Plantation Home Tour. Award Winning Slave Cabin Tour. Very popular Nature-Train Tour. Rice Field Boat Tour. Family Oriented. Petting Zoo and Nature Center. Audubon Swamp Self-Guided Tour. Amazing Nesting Rookery. If you have only one Plantation to see, don't miss us!
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This was my first plantation visit, and I was surprised at the history of the main house. Each item is priced separately so I had the basic admission which covered the grounds and gardens plus many family friendly things, the house tour, and the slavery to freedom tour. The staff was very knowledgeable and it is awesome that it is still owned by descendants of the original Drayton family. The gardens were massive and lovely, even in December, though I imagine in the spring/summer they would be stunning. It was fun seeing statues throughout the property.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

The tour guides make this trip worth while. We had "Earl" who provided a lot of information and fun facts on our tour. You take a short bus (minivan) ride out to the plantation. We chose the package which included the historic gardens, nature train and house tour. Booked our tour through Adventure Sightseeing Tours.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

It was the first time I was in the south and it was a good way to see the grounds. I took a took for the slaves quarters and walked around in the nice garden. Our tour guide was very helpful but in general there are not a lot of help around. We wanted to see the special gardens but couldn't find it. There was no one to help and the map was not helpful. I am giving is a 4 star because I really enjoyed it regardless of the plantations deficiencies.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

12/31/13
We purchased general admission tickets from bluegreen vcations. These DID NOT include the house tour an extra $8.00 each. They had another tour that was extra around the grounds on a tour train. The House while historic was not as grand as we had expected. Again interesting with lots of information, but the gardens while extensive were not in full bloom. Its a lot of walking, so if your not fit, you will tire before seeing it all. I would like to come back and perhaps do a trip on the Ashley to the plantation, like they did pre civil war. We had to ask to see the history room, normally part of the tour, but not done due to staff shortage. Lots of 'stuff in the gift shop' again another old family hanging on by opening up the plantation to tourism.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I really enjoyed this visit. I was unaware of how huge a mistake it was during the Revolutionary War that this place was not guarded. This place has something for everyone. It has something for kids, history for adults and beautiful gardens.

1  Thank BusLeis45458