“Excellent Guide”
Review of Olde Towne Carriage Company - CLOSED

Olde Towne Carriage Company
More attraction details
Owner description: Come ride with the best. We offer one hour historic horse-drawn carriage tours hosted by one of our licensed tour guides. We also have several specialty carriages to make your event extra special. Call us today we'd love to be part of your trip to Charleston.
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I bought a groupon for 4 of us and made reservations that was required. The tour guide had such a great sense of humor and made the tour interesting and very funny. She really explained the system of how it was decided where we traveled in the town. The tour stopped at some of the homes and she described in detail the history and present day residents of the enormous homes. It is very important to make reservations for any of the tours in Charleston and if it is bad weather confirm. This is a very reasonable and fun tour for the family.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

The tour might be good, the guides fabulous, I don't know. I bought a Groupon and checked in before coming to Charleston. On the day, at the time, the place was closed. The other carriage operators told us they had closed early "due to the weather." (Actually, they said "they took off as soon as it rained").
When I came back, they said they can only take us with 48 hour notice and refused to even talk about anything else.
I will say, they were busy, so they certainly could have cared less if we were willing to purchase without the Groupon or not. However, it does seem clear that they have no desire to value their Groupon agreements and to this I say that if you don't want to, don't offer it.

The other thing I will tell you is that of all the operators in the area, the stalls for this company stink. They are obviously not used to horses and mucking stalls. I can't speak to how they treat their bread and butter animals, but we got less than a good thumb from a waiter and the other carriage operators.

Thumbs down to this flighty op.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We took this carriage ride on a Sunday morning. It turned out to be a highlight on our day trip to Historic Charleston. The driver was very informative and friendly. We would recommend this to any one visiting this beautiful city.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

The tour itself was very good. The tour guide (i don't remember his name, red hair and red gotee) knew his facts. He was funny and charasmatic throughout the whole trip. He seemed to really enjoy his job. I didn't like that the town of Charleston has a lottery system now where they tell you where you are going to view once you get there. I understand that this new policy is not the company's fault but it is still disappointing. Other than that, we enjoyed the ride.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We were only in Charleston for a few hours, and I'm really glad we did this. Got a deal on Groupon and had no problems at all. It was sooo hot so it was really nice to take a carriage ride and see the different buildings and learn history about the town. Mary Margaret was our tour guide and she was great! For a one hour tour and the groupon deal, this was a great value. I'd say it was the highlight of our short visit.

1  Thank wynterwed