It’s hard to stand out in such a beautiful city, but the Harborview Inn manages to shine! The staff is one of the main things that sets it above the rest. In our three days there, every person that we encountered was helpful and genuine in their desire to make our stay a good one.
The location is perfect, especially for those who are in the city for the first time. It’s convenient to board the free trolley shuttle right outside the door of the hotel. The hotel is quite close to many good restaurants and also near the port of the city. Many rooms in the hotel have a river view or a view of the pretty fountain. One of our favorite things to do while in Charleston is to walk the neighborhoods and look at the gracious houses and gardens. The hotel is in a perfect location to begin those walks.
The continental breakfast and evening wine and cheese reception were so enjoyable as well as the snacks and flavored teas available all day in the lobby, and the coffee and tea service in the atrium. The evening reception gives the chance to meet and talk with other guests. The hotel does not have a restaurant but more than makes up for it with these nice touches. Besides, visitors to Charleston have so many fine restaurants right in the area to pick from.
The décor of the hotel has a comfortable feel with quality furnishings and wonderful beds. If you’re looking for lots of glitz and glass and brass, this is probably not the place for you, but if you like elegant and gracious surroundings that match well with this beautiful city, you’ll enjoy the Harborview. We’ve stayed at quite a few places in Charleston over the years. This is the one we’ll be returning to
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy unparalleled service and signature amenities from this AAA Four-Diamond and Condé Nast "Gold List Award" luxury hotel. Panoramic views, vast atriums and beautifully appointed guest rooms - some with private balconies, working fireplaces, and whirlpool tubs - await your arrival. From the moment you enter one of the most historic hotels in Charleston, SC, you will find modern features and services, old world charm and unpretentious Southern hospitality. The waterfront and atrium lobbies are reminiscent of Charleston's early years as a colonial nautical trading hub. They offer the perfect setting for idle reflection, a glass of wine or just the refined sport of people watching. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Odigeo, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Harbourview Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbourview Hotel Charleston
- Harbour View Inn Charleston