Harbourview Inn
$364
  • Pool
$258
  • Pool
King Charles Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$288
$249
The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$259
  • Restaurant
$247
$229
  • Breakfast included
Town & Country Inn and Suites(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$129
$239
$209
$236
$197
Doubletree.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$139
$129
HIExpress.com
Indigo Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$224
2,203 results
All reviewscookies and milkwine and cheesewaterfront parkrooftop terracehistoric wingharbour viewharbourview roomm mswithin walking distancetempurpedic mattressbreakfast delivered to our roomeach morningperfect locationview of the waterlittle extrascontinental breakfastvalet parking
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Denver, CO
Reviewed July 17, 2006

I would have expected much more from a hotel rated as this one. The level of service was poor and the staff was very disorganized. When the reservation was made, it was for 3 nights. After the first night, we received a bill under our door. After an inquiry, they only had us in their system for one night. Because of their error, we were downgraded from our suite to a regular room and therefore had to pack up and relocate. Also, we had requested a bottle of champagne to be in the room upon arrival - they forgot.

I requested the bell person to bring up a bag, upon which he was tipped $20 and was also asked to bring a couple of bottles of water to the room. He called back a few minutes later and said that the hotel was out of complimentary water, but that there were vending machines available on the floors. This was absolutely unacceptable! The right thing to do would have been to break the $20 and buy us a couple of bottles of water.

The hotel offers complimentary breakfast room service, which is a nice feature. However, they specfically state that they will call ahead of time to notify you of the scheduled delivery time - of course, they did not.

We had to wait forever for the valet to bring the car around each time.

The location is way overrated. You do a have a view of the harbour, but you also have a view of kids playing in a water fountain with lots of accompanying noise.

If I didn't know better of Charleston, I would never go back based on the experience at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2006
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 18, 2006

My gal and I loved our three nights here. I suppose if you are accustomed to super-high-end luxury, you might be disappointed. But if this kind of hotel is considered a bit of a splurge for your budget, you will love it.

We stayed in the historic section, which is a bit cheaper than the harbor-facing rooms. If the weather is nice, you'll have plenty of time to see the view from the rooftop. We were there in March -- my guess is that the rooftop may be pretty warm in the summer time, unless you go up very early in the morning.

The breakfast in your room is a great touch. It's not a LOT of food, mind you, but it's enough to get you started for the day.

I found the hotel staff very helpful, especially the valet parkers who had good tips for a local brewpub.

You won't need your car for any trips on the peninusla, and the hotel is within very easy walking distance of several top restaurants. Pedicabs are also available.

I hope we can return here. It was a very relaxing and romantic vacation.

• Stayed: March 2006
6  Thank GaryKarr
Reviewed June 9, 2006

We would definitely stay here again. We loved the location, walking distance to lots of great restaurants (eating outside at the Peninsula Grille was our favorite), but far enough away from the main streets to avoid the noise. The staff could not have been more accomodating. Late one night, we asked one of the doormen if there was a wine store near by. We wanted to sit on the roof of the Harbourview and have a drink. He immediately offered to talk to someone at the front desk to see if we could purchase a bottle from them. Not only did they agree to sell us the bottle, but it was for a very fair price. Enjoyed eating breakfast on the roof and having cheese and wine at the end of the day. Nice decor. Clean.

Stayed: May 2006
3  Thank ellen r
Reviewed June 2, 2006

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary this past week. My husband booked a penthouse room at $309 for the night. The check in/out process was easy and the people were friendly. Our view was outstanding. You can walk to almost anything around the downtown area with no problem.The room however was smaller then we thought it would be. The decor was nice except for the carpeting used. It was a dark blue with gold, and looked like it had some water damage to it. The bathroom was nice, but our whirlpool tub (which was something I really wanted) was broken. I wish the jets worked. The wine and cheese were nice as were the cookies and milk. The breakfast was a choice of pastries or bagels. I had a bagel with granola and yogurt on the side. Myhusband had pastries with fuit on the side. I liked this hotel, but felt for the price that everything should be totally clean and in working order. Charleston is a great city, and I am sure we will be back again soon!

• Stayed: May 2006
7  Thank agirlinfin2004
A TripAdvisor Member
new castle, de
Reviewed May 16, 2006

Great view...but that was the only good thing about the place. The room was small, the rug so stained it looked filthy and there were bugs in the bathroom our entire stay ( 5 days) despite complaint to manager ( who was just plain rude). By the time we left the ants had taken up residence in the bed. Gross!!!! We would have checked out but there were 3 graduations in the city that weekend and no rooms to be had!!!

• Stayed: May 2006